Help! Players Won't Negotiate

I just started a save with Lille in League 1. I'm currently looking for a striker to head up my attack, but every time I have an offer accepted by the team, they player refuses to negotiate a contract with me. Is this a glitch in my save or am I doing something wrong? Players this has happened with include del Piero, van Nistelrooy, Sigporsson and others. It only just started happening as well as I've managed to bring in Michael Arroyo, Thorgan Hazard, Christian Pasquato and Valon Berisha already. My budget is 2.9 million pounds and I have 48K wages to work with.

Thanks

Is it just that those players don't want to sign for your club? If you go to your shortlist and tick the "filter out unrealistic targets" box, do they still appear on your list? If not then they're just not interested in signing for LOSC and won't enter into negotiations. If they do, then I agree it's odd that they won't even talk to you.

Looking at the players its most likely what rob said they are just not interested in playing for your club as your reputation isnt high enough.

As you got other players to sign for you just not the bigger name ones this is the most likely scenario but try the search tip rob said and report back.

I concur on this. I took AFC Wimbledon to League1 in the first season. I found it extremely hard to get players on loan for the second season (hardly surprising in a way). Even released players who are fairly old are refusing point blank to discuss any wages: Owen, Hargreaves... I still managed to convince Bassegio and C.Zanetti to join the club (very good for shirt sales apparently). I found that towards the end of the previous season, I managed to convince quite a lot of young players to join the club (their contract was about to expire), their reason being that they were impressed by the team position (1st in League2 at the time and winner of the JPT).

Archived