I can't sell players after the final patch

I don't know whether its because of the final patch or not but I can't sell players...I created a game with new patch and in my first season I won the national league and cup while winning euro cup also. I decided to sell some players and buy new ones to strenghten my squad for european champions cup..but I couldn't

there is a dc valued as 2.5m euro who played in 46 matches and got an average rating " 7.36 "

there is a dm valued as 3.7m euro who played in 41 matches and got an average rating " 7.26 "

there is a mc valued as 2.1m euro who played in 21 matches and got an average rating "7.09"

there is a fc valued as 4.4m euro who played in 41 matches and got an average rating "7.30"

there is a dr valued as 1.2m euro who played in 22 matches and got an average rating "7.29"

there is a mc valued as 1m euro who played in 37 matches and got an average rating "7.02"

these are the players I want to sell but I couldn't sell any of them. There was no team who is interested in buying the players, too... what should I do ? is there someone who is having this trouble ? I offer these players to clubs for free to reduce my wage budget but still there was no team wanting to buy..

If you only want them off of you're wage budget, upset the player and then offer a mutual termination?

I haven't had this myself, but could the problem be that the players are on very high wages and clubs can't / won't match it? When you get the message "No offers for [Player Name]", what reason does it give you?

I don't think the players' wages are too high..the one who earns best is my dc whose wage is 900k. the other ones' wages are between 200k and 600k..the oldest player in my team is my dc who I want to sell and he is 29.

And I manage a turkish club named as Besiktas.

I have found this with previous versions, and it usually is because of high player wages. It could also be the length of his contract. The only thing I can suggest is loaning players out until they have a couple of years left. I dunno how FM/SI combat that some players would be happy to warm the bench for around £60k pw, and then there are some players whom are willing to drop wages because they would rather play football and push for a move. Man City's problem with Tevez is is a good example.

The question is, how does a buying club know if a player is willing to drop his wages if they don't make a bid? It is a conundrum.

But like I mentioned with Tevez, this does occur quite regularly now IRL. In many cases, it maybe also because managers are being sacked so often, players bought by the previous occupant may naturally become unwanted, yet whom is going to spend over £10-15m on an average player on over £60k per week wages?

My usual managing technique is to not go for top stars in the long term, and keep key players and highest earners on at least £60-£90k per week. The one thing I admire about FM is the ability to find a very good player with a low rep, meaning he's cheap, cheap in both wages and fee!

I have found this with previous versions, and it usually is because of high player wages. It could also be the length of his contract. The only thing I can suggest is loaning players out until they have a couple of years left. I dunno how FM/SI combat that some players would be happy to warm the bench for around £60k pw, and then there are some players whom are willing to drop wages because they would rather play football and push for a move. Man City's problem with Tevez is is a good example.

The question is, how does a buying club know if a player is willing to drop his wages if they don't make a bid? It is a conundrum.

But like I mentioned with Tevez, this does occur quite regularly now IRL. In many cases, it maybe also because managers are being sacked so often, players bought by the previous occupant may naturally become unwanted, yet whom is going to spend over £10-15m on an average player on over £60k per week wages?

My usual managing technique is to not go for top stars in the long term, and keep key players and highest earners on at least £60-£90k per week. The one thing I admire about FM is the ability to find a very good player with a low rep, meaning he's cheap, cheap in both wages and fee!

thanks a lot..your answer solves my problem I guess..I think it's because of lenght of contract...the players I want to sell have long contracts like for 4 or 5 years..I guess you are right..

Players in Turkey are generally paid a lot. So if the players were to be sold the players must take a huge wage cut. And in FM that is not likely.

So why buy a Turkish based player if you can get a similar central European based player that demands only 1/5 - 1/2 in wages?

i tend to find one year you hardly sell anyone and its really hard to get rid of players and other years you can move players on quickly... i do have three players ive been trying to sell for the last 2 years at least and they wont sell at all. thank god there in the final year of there contract

I constantly have this problem, in EVERY single game I play.

Right now I have players with very good star ratings, not earning a fortune (16K pw) that I can't give away. I am managing Blackpool (in PRM right now) & these players would be a great asset, & affordable, wage-wise, for a CH club. I am only selling because I have better players in their positions & like to keep squad around 22 players to avoind the "wants 1st. team football" syndrome.

I know lots of poster don't seem to have this problem but I agree with OP & say, the sale of players (lack of interest) needs addressing.

My experience so far:

1) The player should be WNT by other clubs

2) Then you still have to offer them out to those clubs for them to make a bid. I know it is very frustrating, but that's the only way most of the time. Otherwise very seldom you will get offers.

If your players are not WNT, possible reasons are:

- Long contracts

- Asking price higher than what AI calcultes to be a reasonable price for the player

- Their wages being to high

I constantly have this problem, in EVERY single game I play.

Right now I have players with very good star ratings, not earning a fortune (16K pw) that I can't give away. I am managing Blackpool (in PRM right now) & these players would be a great asset, & affordable, wage-wise, for a CH club. I am only selling because I have better players in their positions & like to keep squad around 22 players to avoind the "wants 1st. team football" syndrome.

I know lots of poster don't seem to have this problem but I agree with OP & say, the sale of players (lack of interest) needs addressing.

I don't think it has been mentioned here yet, so I just go right ahead: the answer to all your problems is REPUTATION.

Just forget about Av.R, goals, value, wages, contracts, star rating, appearances... this hardly matters at all. I obviously can't know exactly how the transfer system works, but here is at least how it appears to work in my experience:

Say that a random Championship club wants a player with reputation in the 100-130 range, and let's say that the reputation of this club is 115 (mid-table CH). They don't have much money - let's say that they have 600k to spend in the 2nd season summer window (which is normal at that level I guess).

Your club, however, has a reputation of 135 since you play in PL, so even though the players you want to sell have reputations in the 100-130 range, they don't want to move to a club with only 115 reputation. The AI only sign players who are very interested (or more) in a move, so because of the reputation mismatch they aren't interested in your listed CH-quality players. Your listed players will only be interested in moving to a club in the 130+ reputation range. Another issue is that since you are in the PL these players are valued at 1.5m or higher, and their wages are in the upper Key Player range for the random CH club in question.

Players that would want to move to that CH club and have reputations in the 100-130 range will be found in the Championship mostly, maybe in a top L1 club, but they are unlikely to be worth less than 600k since that is a medium value for a CH club, and they are likely Key Players if they play in L1. Consequently, the random mid-table CH club can only afford players in mid-table L1 clubs and those won't have high enough reputation.

This is why there are so few AI transfers in FM, and why it is a struggle selling players unless you are a top PL club. Once you, the club and your players have continental reputations, selling players is easy because the deadwood you're trying to get rid of fits into the narrow band of reputation that goes both ways and the AI clubs enjoying that mutual interest will likely have the money to make the purchase. Until you're there, prepare to sign short-term contracts in order to have the option of letting contracts run out when their services are no longer needed.

Biggus D, so basically you are telling us that a Premier league player wont move to a championship club. For me that´s pretty real! what player, irl, would like to move for a clube in a inferior division?

One that knows he won't play for his current club in the PL and thus won't attract interest from other PL clubs? A former CH player who has not impressed in PL will never get a job in another PL club.

Whatever the reason for this; the fact that you are simply stuck with all your deadwood (apart from the miniscule few that meet transfer requirements) till their contract runs out is a very, very, serious negative vibe in this game. Everyone who wants to sell players and can't must feel this frustration. If I were the developer, I would like to address this negative aspect of the game.

I won't stand up whilst waiting for something to happen on this though!

I'm not sure it is negative though. Once the player was given contract, probably long-term one. The club is stuck with him, no matter whether the player in question plays well or badly. And if for the player it is more convenient to stay in his current club, despite not playing, may it be so.

I'm not sure it is negative though. Once the player was given contract, probably long-term one. The club is stuck with him, no matter whether the player in question plays well or badly. And if for the player it is more convenient to stay in his current club, despite not playing, may it be so.

For the bolded part i somehow agree with you. I mean there are a few players that will have no trouble staying at a club just for money until their contracts run out, but there are too many of this kind in the game.

Another thing that I found "annoying" is that the AI teams do not even bid for a player, even if the asking price is 0. If they do not bid, how would they now if the player has wage demands higher than what the club can offer?

Another thing that I found "annoying" is that the AI teams do not even bid for a player, even if the asking price is 0. If they do not bid, how would they now if the player has wage demands higher than what the club can offer?

Offer them out for £0. I've "sold" loads of players on the current patch for £0. I've found they are extremely easy to get rid of if you don't care about bringing in a transfer fee. Though I don't pay big wages for the leagues I am playing in, so that helps to move players on.

Archived