Currently just started managing Sochaux in France on new patch...

i am doing reasonably well in the league. First 10 games i've won 4 drawn 4 and lost 2 and i am doing ok in group stages of Europa League at halfway stage that all said i just think i'm not getting the best out of my better players. I play 4-1-2-2-1 with a playmaker and deep lying midfielder just ahead of a defensive midfielder, 2 wide players who are 'inside forwards' and a lone target man up top. I've bought in just 2 players due to no money, them being Diarra on a free transfer and Maleev on loan, who is a very good full back who can play either side. Question to you guys is has anyone else managed them ? And what has been your experience ? Any hints or tips that you can give me ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;-)

Well although PSG is very different it is still France and I am currently in season 7 and since starting i have won the title 4 times out of the previous 6. However in season 7 I have just found a cruising formation and look on course for another title the formation is 4-0-3-1-2

Two normal center backs, the two full backs on automatic.

CM is a deep lying on defend so will drop into the whole, then wingers, both wide midfield on automatic.

Then the CAM is a Attacking midfielder on attack, so at times he is in the gap and when attacking a third striker.

Then two strikers, i have a poacher and a center forward who also drops back into the hole as well as attacking.

We have be ruining team 5-0,6-0 and also beat united 2-0 using it. It seems to work well in France atm.

So first i managed to win the League Cup, reach the Quarter final of Europa League(lost to Porto) and finished 3rd in the League ahead of Paris SG on goal difference! Really good achievement considering i had no money. I am now in 2nd Season, i've managed to keep all my good players and add quite a few. And this is the best bit. I had a 15 year old right winger added to my under 19s squad who has the potential to be a 5 star player - never had this before. Had him on the 1st team bench for opening game of the season and due to struggles in the game, i threw him on with half hour to go and he scored the equaliser, breaking all French records for youngest ever goalscorer. I've now reached Christmas, i am 2 points off 2nd place. (Marseille are running with it.) And i am in the last 16 of the Champions League. Quite good fun the French League so far.

Both French & German leagues are fun because of the lax requirements on squad size & formation. Steer clear of the Spanish leagues which drive you crazy with their nit-picking requirements.

Both French & German leagues are fun because of the lax requirements on squad size & formation. Steer clear of the Spanish leagues which drive you crazy with their nit-picking requirements.

What are the requirements in the German League ?

I am liking playing in the French league too, but finding far too many briliant south american players, I have my 4 registered and another 2 or 3 waiting in reserves till a place comes open. 5 years for nationality is quite long, why can't it be like Belgium! However I do admit, its fun, and the league itself is quite competitive with OM, OL, PSG and a couple of seasons Toulousse as well.

Almost unlimited number of players in squad, not restricted to twentyfive like UK. Seven subs allowed.

Spanish league is way more resptrictive, even insisting on at least three (I think) GK's.

Almost unlimited number of players in squad, not restricted to twentyfive like UK. Seven subs allowed.

Spanish league is way more resptrictive, even insisting on at least three (I think) GK's.

Sign who you want, not nationality restrictions for lineups or squads and massive squad sizes that can be registered

Archived