Goalkeeper ratings

Just wondering does any one else get annoyed at this. GK only get high ratings when they are performing well which tends to only happen when they under pressure and the opposition team is getting shots off, (unless you have one that scores or assists regularly) which is understandable as if you are in control of a match then your GK tends to do very little. But what gets to me is the fact that if you have a solid defence and a world class goalkeeper and your team is playing well, dominating games,then by looking at the average rating of your team your GK tends to be the lowest of your regular players and you constantly get suggestions by members of your coaching staff to drop him due to poor form, is it just me that gets annoyed at this/how GKs are rated in this game??

I would like to see a standard rating of 7 for a GK everytime they keep a clean sheet.

I wouldn't go that far, how many times have you seen a goalkeeper continuously flap at crosses, push the ball back into the box from a save and fluff a goalkick or two only to keep a lucky clean sheet as he's constantly bailed out by his defenders or poor finishing from the opposition. It happens pretty often, in which case a 7 rating would be overly generous.

I wouldn't go that far, how many times have you seen a goalkeeper continuously flap at crosses, push the ball back into the box from a save and fluff a goalkick or two only to keep a lucky clean sheet as he's constantly bailed out by his defenders or poor finishing from the opposition. It happens pretty often, in which case a 7 rating would be overly generous.

Valid point, but how many times do you see your team control a match and you keeper do everything that required, but that its so little he still only gets a 6.5 or so. What it should be is that they are set on 7 they start to make saves there rating go up, but any mistakes, bad punches, kicking straight into touch failing to claim crosses, their rating drops. I'd like to see a GK that has a good games to clean sheets/concedes ratio get above a 7 for the season

Valid point, but how many times do you see your team control a match and you keeper do everything that required, but that its so little he still only gets a 6.5 or so. What it should be is that they are set on 7 they start to make saves there rating go up, but any mistakes, bad punches, kicking straight into touch failing to claim crosses, their rating drops. I'd like to see a GK that has a good games to clean sheets/concedes ratio get above a 7 for the season

That sounds more like it! good idea. All GK start the game with a 7 rating, then it goes up or down according to performance.

As a matter of interest and slightly tangential, what average rating would your keeper need to be getting before you started actively looking as a matter of priority for a new keeper?

In my current save, I'm doing alright, but my keepers seem to be rating around 6.8 on average. Time to get rid?

Just wondering does any one else get annoyed at this. GK only get high ratings when they are performing well which tends to only happen when they under pressure and the opposition team is getting shots off, (unless you have one that scores or assists regularly) which is understandable as if you are in control of a match then your GK tends to do very little. But what gets to me is the fact that if you have a solid defence and a world class goalkeeper and your team is playing well, dominating games,then by looking at the average rating of your team your GK tends to be the lowest of your regular players and you constantly get suggestions by members of your coaching staff to drop him due to poor form, is it just me that gets annoyed at this/how GKs are rated in this game??

What a disgrace, I hope some heads at SI are rolling for this :D

Seriously though, if your GK is just standing around doing nothing then why should he get a good rating?

What annoys me is the lack of stats for GKs in the game, I'd like to know exactly what he did to earn a high rating on those occasions where he is MOTM even though the oppo only had 1 SOT.

Like Kenco says, this is a shocker! :)

The whole rating system needs a overhaul to be fair

Have to agree with wally on this and as a result of the fact that ratings are pretty meaningless now I barely pay them any attention. The end of game analysis and stats are the tools I use to decide how well my players are doing all across the park. I view the ratings as akin to the scores that newspapers give out in their match reports IRL which I never pay attention to anyway. A much better guide for me are passing/tackling/heading/intercepting/shooting/save stats. So yeah basically SI need to ditch or overhaul the ratings in a big way.

Archived