Seasonal landmark goal bonus

Hmmm... I think I picked a bad time for a contract renewal. My striker, having been on 30 league goals for the season with about 10 games to go had two years to run on his contract. With interested parties in England eyeing him off I decided it would be a good time to sign him up for the next 5 years. I got him to agree, but I needed a seasonal landmark goal bonus, which was set for 15 goals this time around. He had already gotten his goal bonus from his last contract and I expected that he would need 15 goals next season to get his new bonus.

Nope! He failed to score in his first game with his new contract, but in his second he got a brace and happily picked up his new goal bonus (which wasn't small) of having "reached his target of 15 goals for the season"... Is this supposed to happen?

Hmm... I can't actually remember if he got his previous goal bonus last season, maybe the game gave it to him as he hadn't gotten one upto that point this season? Anyone know?

I would have thought he would have needed to score 15 after the contract was signed, but maybe just 15 in the calander year?

I think its meant to be scoring 15 league goals in a league season. He'd already scored more than that so once he scored again the game just thought: "Bugger it, have some money". I would have thought it was for next season though.

Hmm is it every 15 goals? That would be my only other thought.

Hmmm... Well, the bonus vanishes after they have received the bonus, so I'm fairly sure its a one of thing over the life of the contract. Even so, he was already on 30 when he scored those two. If it was one every 15 goals, it would be one 15 goals after the last bonus, which was at 20 goals (now that I think of it, it was probably last season he received that), meaning it would be at 35 goals... Maybe... Hmmm... Interesting...

No doubt that it's a bug, as the target had already been exceeded the clause should not have been active until the following season.

It is and it isnt a bug?

Get your striker a seasonal landmark after 1 goal contract at the start of the season. Give him a new contract after each goal. = Lots of "seasonal landmark" bonuses.

On the flip side, if it didnt work this way, I could happily offer my striker a new contract in April, after he has bagged 30 goals with a high seasonal landmark bonus just to get him to sign easier.

Archived