what attribute do you look for for a player if he will settle in another country ?

Yes the scout report will say something along the lines of "This player may have problems adapting to life in another country" or "This player will probably not have any problems adapting to another country", depending on if the player in question has a low or high adaptability attribute. If he doesn't have a particularly high or low adaptability then I think the scout might not say anything about it. The player then may or may not have problems but you won't know until you sign him.

Personally I only ever get the report card scout report, not the "watch him for 3 games" or whatever so I don't know if you get more detail than that on those reports.

If the player has already moved country check his languages. If he has been in country X for a while but still only speaks basic X his probably got low adaptability and conversely if he is fluent after half a season its probably high.

Yes this I do too, when I sign established players. Adaptability can be important, since a player who doesn't enjoy life in your nation/club will normally have poor morale even if you win all the time and he is playing well (and everything else is in order). Team gelling is important - I'd say more important than tactical familiarity.

Also, the country or city you play in may play some role in whether the player adapts easily or not. Even though you play in a big footballing nation (England, Spain, Italy, etc.), I have noticed that some players dislike living in small towns and play in the lower leagues. Also, the difficulty level of the language in some countries will make it even harder for players to adapt. As you see, there will be several factors to take into account.

If you feel the player is important enough, you might also want to think about hiring another player from the same country that will sign for minimal wages, just to keep him company.

The first box of the scout report usually mentions his adaptability.

I think that is more to do with his personality compared to your squad rather than his adaptability to living in a different country. I find if it's going to be a big problem is usually appears under weaknesses, as in this screenshot

85981913.th.jpg

Archived