Champions Not Promoted (Denmark)

I always holiday the first season and take over as manager for a club that gets promoted into the lowest playable tier. I did this and went to take over Frem who got promoted into the Danish Second Division East. However, I noticed that the team who had won the Danish Second Division East the prior year, Elite 3000, had not been promoted. In fact, no team had. What's going on? Does it have something to do with the restructuring of the Danish leagues after the first season?

I always holiday the first season and take over as manager for a club that gets promoted into the lowest playable tier. I did this and went to take over Frem who got promoted into the Danish Second Division East. However, I noticed that the team who had won the Danish Second Division East the prior year, Elite 3000, had not been promoted. In fact, no team had. What's going on? Does it have something to do with the restructuring of the Danish leagues after the first season?

Yes.

They're going from 16 - 12 teams in 2 years. So after the first season there should be 14 teams and after the second they're should be 12.

Yes.

They're going from 16 - 12 teams in 2 years. So after the first season there should be 14 teams and after the second they're should be 12.

I checked Elite 3000's fixtures after I typed up the OP and they had indeed played against the champion of the West to determine who got promoted. The league rules page states that the champion gets promoted, so that was what confused me. I note that it's only the start of the 2nd season and yet the Danish 1st and 2nd tiers only have 12 teams each, while the East and West 3rd tiers have 16 teams each. So, is that not how it is supposed to be?

Archived