Unfair transfer tactics by the computer

So I manage PSG and have a good youth set up in place. It seems I had a promising 15 year old central defender on a youth contract.

Last day of transfer comes and I get the following message:

ohlpjk.png

Then look at the message above, and he has signed. This is unfair, if i had seen Arsenal offering a contract i would of offered one to, he was new in youth team at last youth intake so no professional contract sorted. This was just unfair.

It is always mentioned in the news. Maybe you missed it or haven`t got the right box ticked or maybve you holidayed past a vertain point .

I have had this happen to me but it was with my top notch coach and when i read back i saw the offer made.

It is always mentioned in the news. Maybe you missed it or haven`t got the right box ticked or maybve you holidayed past a vertain point .

I have had this happen to me but it was with my top notch coach and when i read back i saw the offer made.

The first message is the contract being offerd, then the one above is the player moving. It was all done in one day as it was deadline day. I didn't miss any post.

I don't get why you couldn't offer him a professional contract to lock him up. Since you're managing in France, you would have had 5 months or so to offer him provisional terms for him to sign when he's 17, and he would have been safe from being poached.

I don't get why you couldn't offer him a professional contract to lock him up. Since you're managing in France, you would have had 5 months or so to offer him provisional terms for him to sign when he's 17, and he would have been safe from being poached.

As it hadn't been pointed out that anyone was even interested in him, he was still 15 I normally don't offer contract to 15 year olds, leave it a couple of years and see how he is progressing.

As it hadn't been pointed out that anyone was even interested in him, he was still 15 I normally don't offer contract to 15 year olds, leave it a couple of years and see how he is progressing.

I think paying a small wage on a youngster is not much of an issue. You don't have to give him a long-term contract.

Your youngsters being poached isn't any better than losing just a few more euros per week. :p

I think paying a small wage on a youngster is not much of an issue. You don't have to give him a long-term contract.

Your youngsters being poached isn't any better than losing just a few more euros per week. :p

Well no its not at all, but i didn't know about him sadly, and now he is going to be a gooner for his life.

Happened to me but with coaching staff, normally it's my best guy for some reason the game treats staff contracts the same as playing staff

Also I hate it when you sign a staff member and said team say Liverpool come hunting for all of your 4.5* staff such a pain in the ars3 as you have to keep offering new contracts.

not totally sure but with him being 15 will the contract from Arsenal not be a youth contract as well, therefore you could theoretically go back in during the next window and offer him a contract, although you would then need to pay them compensation if he wanted to come back.

not totally sure but with him being 15 will the contract from Arsenal not be a youth contract as well, therefore you could theoretically go back in during the next window and offer him a contract, although you would then need to pay them compensation if he wanted to come back.

Pretty sure Arsenal would have had to offer him a full time contract to sign him away (even though it'll be a provisional contract until he turns 17), so that won't work. You would have to make them an offer since his contract would be protected

i had this a couple of times in previous FMs. the offer and acceptance and the player moving would all happen in one in-game process so you didn't have the chance to respond. is definitely annoying.
Yes - it all depends on when it happens. If it was the day before, it won't happen. If it's early in the day on deadline day, it probably won't happen. If it's at the very last minute, however, counter-bids won't go through.

Personally, I think due to travel constraints, the current club should always be able to offer a contract later than any other offering clubs, which would end this.

You should offer a contract to any very good talent, no matter how old they are. I think they're only 3 year contracts anyways.

Another possible warning would have been to see if there was the 'Wanted' icon beside his name.

But still unlucky and tough way to learn a lesson.

You should offer a contract to any very good talent, no matter how old they are. I think they're only 3 year contracts anyways.

Another possible warning would have been to see if there was the 'Wanted' icon beside his name.

But still unlucky and tough way to learn a lesson.

I'm not sure it's a "lesson", since the OP never got a chance to put a counter-bid in.

I'm not sure it's a "lesson", since the OP never got a chance to put a counter-bid in.

It's more like trying to avoid the situation of having this happening by signing a youth player to a pro contract regardless of his age. Of course, this is a different circumstance than another club just poaching a youth contract player on any other way except the last day of the transfer window.

you could of easily seen Arsenal interested in him. Go to his profile and take a look at the contract tab. On the right hand side it shows any club that shows interest in the player.

You would have seen he was decent when you got him originally, this is just a case of being lazy on your part and not checking things out when you should be as a Club Manager. In this instance, you can not blame anyone but yourself.

you could of easily seen Arsenal interested in him. Go to his profile and take a look at the contract tab. On the right hand side it shows any club that shows interest in the player.

You would have seen he was decent when you got him originally, this is just a case of being lazy on your part and not checking things out when you should be as a Club Manager. In this instance, you can not blame anyone but yourself.

This kind of message is really starting to get boring now. I accept it was my fault for not monitoring my players fully but no need to call me lazy. Just seems to be what people do now. A "unlucky mate you know for next time" would of been suffice.

This kind of message is really starting to get boring now. I accept it was my fault for not monitoring my players fully but no need to call me lazy. Just seems to be what people do now. A "unlucky mate you know for next time" would of been suffice.

unlucky mate you know for next time :)

well you moan & complain about how supposedly the AI is a cheat. What response do you expect ? Well, atleast you know now for next time.

I don't think anyone's saying this isn't preventable, but it is an issue. You shouldn't just arrive at your inbox after clicking Continue and find one of your players got an offer, accepted, and are gone. 99% of the time the game lets you counter-offer, so why not this time? It seems like an entirely game-technical reason that you can't so IMHO it should be addressed. Hardly the issue of the century, but still.

This happens to me with staff in the summer.

The game tends to sometimes skip 2-3 days at a time between friendlies, and staff have been poached and left before I even get back to the news screen.

Offers for your staff should be non skippable. It is far too easy to miss than someone is poaching your coaches

well you moan & complain about how supposedly the AI is a cheat. What response do you expect ? Well, atleast you know now for next time.

Did I mention the word cheat anywhere? No, I just simply said it was unfair, which it seems most people agree with. I accept I could have done something before to stop it but it doesn't stop the fact it can happen being unfair.

Did I mention the word cheat anywhere? No, I just simply said it was unfair, which it seems most people agree with. I accept I could have done something before to stop it but it doesn't stop the fact it can happen being unfair.

how is it unfair ? you had time before the end of the transfer window to offer him a contract but you didn't. You knew you had a talented youngster and still there was no contract offer by you. It's the risk you take for not offering a contract. Another club came in for an offer legally before the end of the transfer window. You also can do it to any other clubs young players. That's how I see it.

Wii, please shut up.

It's a bug, that's why it's unfair.

I'm not so sure it's a bug. In fact, in real life out-of-contract players DON'T always tell their club they have had an offer, and do sometimes sign with a new team without giving their team a chance to counter (thinking mostly semi-pro here as it's what I know). So to always give a team a chance to counter would also be wrong.

Wii, please shut up.

It's a bug, that's why it's unfair.

how is it unfair ? he could of offered a deal before the other club. He had plenty of time previously but he even stated he wanted to give the player time to see how he goes. By doing that, if he was a decent youngster, of course other clubs will come in for him, in my opinion, it's not a bug.

Because it's a bug.

At every single stage in the game, it is always possible to give counteroffers - except in one very short period of time that is caused by the game working incorrectly.

Because it's a bug.

At every single stage in the game, it is always possible to give counteroffers - except in one very short period of time that is caused by the game working incorrectly.

Hello thanks for putting the whole "its a bug" view across. I have now reported it. I wonder if people would act the same if it happened to them, and claim it "isn't a bug"

I'm not so sure it's a bug. In fact, in real life out-of-contract players DON'T always tell their club they have had an offer, and do sometimes sign with a new team without giving their team a chance to counter (thinking mostly semi-pro here as it's what I know). So to always give a team a chance to counter would also be wrong.

don't talk from your arse. when players get an offer from another club(through the agent), the agent will tell the rest of the interested clubs that there is demand for their player and they might have to up the ante if they are serious in the player.

it's all to do with money. why would any fool especially the agent turn down a chance to make more money? The game is working incorrectly here. It's a minor issue though, and i expect it to be fixed in FM 2013 or next patch. just snatch the player earlier for now. no problem whatsoever.

Because it's a bug.

maybe it was too close to the end of the transfer window for a counter offer to go through ...

Hello thanks for putting the whole "its a bug" view across. I have now reported it. I wonder if people would act the same if it happened to them, and claim it "isn't a bug"

If the player isnt in my 1st team already, then the player isnt much chop. It wouldn't worry me, atleast I'd save some wages :)

maybe it was too close to the end of the transfer window for a counter offer to go through ...

Which is what will have happened - however, if there's enough time for an offer, there should be enough time for a counter offer as well. It's how the game is meant to work.

If the player isnt in my 1st team already, then the player isnt much chop. It wouldn't worry me, atleast I'd save some wages :)

Isn't much kop? He was 15 of cause he wouldn't be in first team yet, i got my scouts on him after he left...they reckoned 4.5 star

I got 1.3mil compensation for him, or 1.2 I cant remember I am in January now so was a long time ago.

Yeh I have now been to my youth team, looked at their potential and it seems I was lucky to just lose 1. There was another 4 with potential of 4+, they now have pre contracts signed.

Isn't much kop? He was 15 of cause he wouldn't be in first team yet, i got my scouts on him after he left...they reckoned 4.5 star

I've seen some 15 year olds with amazing attributes recently in my saved game. 1 of them was a youth GK that came through my youth setup. Signed him up and straight into my 1st team

Archived