just had the best individual midfielder performance

On FM08, I once had a full-back with 18 key passes. It was a rather simple tactic - they played 3-4-3 with a slow right-winger and slow right-sided centre-back. So all my full-back had to do was pass the ball down the flank into space, for my winger to latch on to.

FM08 then gave him a 6 because he made a mistake leading to a goal. :mad:

well, i had already won the 1st leg 2-1 vs Bayern (albeit luckily). so this was actually my "defensive" formation. i was surprised i scored 5

but then i looked at Bayern's average positions. i didn't play any central strikers so both Bayern centerbacks were pushing up to close down my AMC (false 9). my wide forwards however kept the Bayern fullbacks pinned back. so Bayern's avg position actually looked like an upside down "U" shape because the fullbacks sat deeper than the centerbacks

this opened up space in the middle for my pacey inside forwards to run into. all my AMC had to do was make a through pass forward. Bayern's centerbacks aren't exactly fast either so this helped play into my formation/tactic

kind of reminds of Vermaelen constantly being dragged ouf position last season

That has to be one of the strangest formations i have ever seen, but well done!

my colleague actually called this my "beetle" formation lol

but you should see my other formations lol. i always use wingbacks (never fullbacks), but i rarely get to use wide forwards because i only have 2 players comfortable playing as striker and winger

i tend to go for weird formations during important "must-win" games. 5-3-2-0 should be considered my weirdest formation but it always results in a draw-fest

-------GK-------

-------SW-------

-----DC DC-----

RWB-------LWB

-----MC MC-----

------AMC------

FR------------FL

keeper, libero (support), ballplayingstoppers, wingbacks (attack), boxtobox mids, trequartista, and inside forward (support)

That's a great success.

What rating did he end with?

my AMC got 9.0 even though he didn't score or assist. fhe made 13 key passes, but none of them were assists. most of them were hockey assists (i.e. he assisted the assist)

my right inside forward got 9.1 for his hattrick and 1 assist

Wow! 13 key passes out of 31 general passes... I think you have the world record..

Amazing... the most i've had is 7 but it was with xavi and he had 90 passes...

What Instructions do you give him?

attacking mid/attack. my right forward was inside fwd/support. my left forward was def winger/supp (because Lahm was on his flank)

Mmmm, very good.

Was just thinking as midfielders aren't usually rewarded in FM for their performances. That's probably around about what he deserves, maybe could be higher though.

yeah, in FM, players get more points for getting goals and assists. if you have a DC that scores from a set piece, he's 75% guaranteed to be MOTM vs a midfielder with a good all around performance

Andrea Bertolacci, 13 key passes in one match :eek:, Roma vs Bayern in the 2014 CL quarters (leg 2)

RomavFCBayernAnalysis_Analysis-3.png

anyone ever have higher than 13? before this, i think my highest was probably ~5 key passes in one match

RomavFCBayernPreview_LineUps.png

RomavFCBayernInformation_Overview.png

This formation is underrated its brilliant i may say if well used,i played abit with this formaion and its best suited for a trequarista formation .It works well against almost all formations including 4-5-1.Ai even if have dmc he will be still pulled by those 3 mc behind trequartisa ,and also 2 strikers(inside forwards) placed on flanks exploits very well space that fulbacks are leaving on the flank especialy if bombarding ones.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6286/4312j.png

This formation is underrated its brilliant i may say if well used,i played abit with this formaion and its best suited for a trequarista formation .It works well against almost all formations including 4-5-1.Ai even if have dmc he will be still pulled by those 3 mc behind trequartisa ,and also 2 strikers(inside forwards) placed on flanks exploits very well space that fulbacks are leaving on the flank especialy if bombarding ones.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6286/4312j.png

it only works against bigger teams, or more specifically, teams trying to attack you. i've tried it against **** teams but they're content with sitting deep

Archived