MLS International Slots HELP?!

I need international slots to bring a few designated players. However, absolutely no one has any (or so it appears). I have offered player after player to mls clubs, and when offers come in they never consist of an I.S.

Furthermore, I don't have an option to include an I.S in the deal?

I really dont know why this is?

Also, when I go into a team, say for example, Philadelphia Union, I see they have a Columbian and a Honduran starting. However, when I go into 'Squad Registration' it says: "Maximum of 0 internationals-0" .

I get this at every single team in the MLS. Can someone help please?

DAMN. Thanks for the reply, already won the MLS but cant see me getting past this CONCACAF quarter final without a few foreign stars. May take a job in Mexico..

It's annoying but on the bright side Mexico is a fun place to manage.

actually im wrong you should be able to trade international slots if there isnt a bug or something. I just looked at the official roster rules.

If you dont care about having a few bad season down the road look to trade some of your better rotation or young drafted players for better domestic players, players with American second nationality. You could also trade your superdraft picks for players. Also if you could keep the best international players until they gain citizenship then once the international slot frees up fill it with another.

It is going to take a lot of roster balancing and juggling to be super good. It might cost you a couple seasons down the road though.

In reality, teams trade draft picks for international slots, or buy them using allocation money; they do similar things when trading draft picks for other draft picks. FM doesn't really have a way to do this (I think you need a player involved, which often defeats the purpose), so my personal strategy has been to avoid getting into a situation where I need to find an extra slot. ;-)

you can trade players. There is a players part in the transfer offer but there are restrictions on what players you can ask for which I cant think of at the moment.

Also when offering players you could offer them to MLS teams only and see what offers you get. In my experience I have only gotten draft pick from that.

I once traded Steve Zakuani for a 5 year International Slot. :cool:

Would be nice if FM13 only had a 'trade' option with the other clubs in MLS (like similar to the EHM07 trade screen?).

In my experience "Offer to Other MLS Clubs" works like that; you only ever seem to get trade offers, either for players or for draft picks.

Just note that there's a minor issue with traded international slots- some of them are expiring after the regular season, but before the playoffs. Be sure to check your transfer clauses to determine when the international slot will expire, or else you might go into the playoffs short-handed.

I once offered my one of my rotation right back to MLS clubs and the only thing clubs wanted to give me were their third round supplemental draft picks. The players had a value of about $90k and the trade offers were worth a massive $15. That does not seem like a good deal to me since the supplemental draft is all of the players that dont get picked in the super draft, so I wouldnt get anyone that was near as good as the player I was trying to get rid of.

It is kind of funny to me how FM puts a dollar value on draft picks and international slots.

You can trade international player slots as long as you start with the MLS but if you add it mid game then it messes up teams international slots. This can mean no teams have any international slots to trade and they cannot register any foreign players. On the squad registration screen it will simply say a maximum of 0 international players.

I got 500k in allocated funds for my midfielder off LA Galaxy and they bid 400k for one of my defenders. I traded my striker for 220k allocated funds, an international slot for 2 years and a first round super draft pick.

Archived