AI Experiment Good v Bad

In this experiment I shall be testing what difrence a good/bad chairman and manager have on an team.

I will take the side with the most and the side with the least reputation out of the blue square north/south. I will make the higest reputation teams out of both divisions and change there chairman and manager so they are the worst possible. I will then take the least reputation teams and make them have the best manager and chairman possible. I have set all managers reputations to 0 and gave them full time contracts until 2014.

Possible outcomes

High Reputation

Will the players make up for the bad manager and chairman or will they underperform and the manager be shown the door but with the chairmans poor abilty will he pick another poor manager.

Low reputation

Will the good manager be able to get the most out of his players to help them avoid the drop. If the good manger leaves will the good chairman pick another good manager.

Teams chosen

High reputation

Blue square North= Bostan United

Blue square south= Lewes

Low reputation

Blue square North= Vauxhall

Blue square south= Maidenhead

07/08 season summary.

Boston

A stop and start season which resulted in the first managerial depature of Andy Mutch on 26/4/08 after a defeat draw win defeat which meant all eyes where on the chairman to pick a manager who could further the team. In the end he chose Jason Tindall who does actualy look quite good for that level. finally left them sitting 2nd 1 point of top spot and heading to the play offs where they met Hinckley United and managed a 5-1 aggregate win. In the final they met tamworth the match ended 2-2 so penalties began and a missed 4th penalty meant Tamworth would be promoted instead

Summary

Boston United's season shows us that the chairman could pick a "decent" manager for there league and after all they only just missed out on promotion

07/08 season summary

Vauxhall

Vauxhall had a great season finaly finishing 8th showing that a good manager can lead "worse" players to victory and next season looks promising for them. The manager only making 1 permanate purchase and 2 loans in prepartion for next season

07/08 Season Summary

Lewes

After a poor run where Lewes lost 5 games in a row 4 2-1 and 1 2-0 it did seem that the board would send the manager on his way but the board trusted him and this trust was rewarded with a great run through to the end of the season with only 1 defeat which boosted them from a mid table position to take the league title by 2 points over Cambridge.

07/08 Season Summary

Maidenhead

Maidenhead's season started by a succesion of defeats until the start of september where they gained there first point of the season in a 2-2 draw against Dorchester the next game gave them a seldom seen victory over Basingstoke for the season would end in relagation on goal diffrence and Basingstoke would escape with there Blue Sguare South status.

In a season that saw one managerial dissmisal, onehttp://img112.imageshack.us/img112/585/bluesquaresouthhr6.th.jpg]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/585/bluesquaresouthhr6.th.jpg[/url] team relagated and one team promoted has shown that at least for the short time that a bad manager and chairman can be carried by good players. As for the long term until Maidenhead make the step up again Vauxhall will be the only team to show the effects of a Great chairman and manager.

How will Lewes handle against a higher level of teams. Will Boston be able to challendge for promotion agai or will they slip down the league. Will Vauxhall be able to push on and challendge for play-offs?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about not having any updates for a few weeks it turned out my day off was full of extra work and I just havent had time but soon I hope the update will be up. Check back soon and hopefully by then it will be done but it all depends if i get a easy day soon if not it wont be until the weekend.

Once again sorry!!

• 2 months later...

Lewes

After promotion last year, the pressure was on manager Steve King to keep his squad in the Blue Square Premier. This would always be hard with such poor stats although his best attribute a 15 was judging player ability, which he must use to build his squad.

stevekingad3.th.jpg

The season started with a number of transfers 27 players leaving bringing in 30K overall and 15 singings which cost an all together total of 5K which left the squad looking very small and weak in depth.

lewestransferswp4.th.jpg

The season started with a 2-1 win over Southport then a 2-2 draw with Stafford before a 3-1 win over Weymouth the team would then go on a 19 game winless run picking up 6 draws until a 2-1 win over York.

That sort of form was not recoverable so Lewes finished the season in 23rd position they were 14 points from safety and 2 points from the bottom.

bsprd6.th.jpg

Steve King claims on his personal screen that he can’t see a future for himself at the club at this stage he is still in a job.

stevekingpersonalcy0.th.jpg

Boston

After losing on penalties in the play off final last year the new manager set about a major clearout of 27 and bringing in 11 players for 62K.

bostoninout89gs6.th.jpg

The season ended with Boston in 4th 2 places and 11 points behind last season.

north0809hn3.th.jpg

The manager (Jason Tindall) now finds his job very insecure after just a year.

jobsecurityit9.th.jpg

Vauxhall

A balanced transfer window saw only 2 more players leaving than ones that arrived spending 3K and receiving 53K meant that it was a financially positive transfer window.

vauxhalltransfers0809op2.th.jpg

The season closed with Vauxhall in 14th place although last season they came 8th they where only predicted to finish 15th this season so technically it was a successful season.

bsn0809en7.th.jpg

• 2 months later...

I shall be restarting this experiment after the release 09 I plan to keep it all the same other than the lowest and highest reputation teams will change and I plan to write at least one update a week this time!!!

It is likely I will start the 09 experiment in a new thread but before I create the new thread if there is anything else that you would like me to include or do differently in the 09 experiment then please post it here.

Archived