Is this right? (New stadium issue)

Ok so I got granted a new stadium without me asking and there's been no news item of this since 2015 - I don't even know the name or how many seats it's gonna have. It was meant to be completed last season around the end of May but it's been pushed back and now it won't be ready until 2020 so that's a 5 yr wait, on previous games I always thought it was a 3 yr wait?

Is this a bug as it's a bit of an annoyance and altho not really a game breaking for me it's annoying having been in WHL for 7 seasons already now it's stopping me from fulfilling my full money making potential as I regularly sell out my stadium, also I've never been in the red since 2015 so it can't have been there not being enough money in the bank.

PWWvC.jpg

no error unfortunately. The minimum timeframe is 3 years but sometimes it can be extended to 5 years. I wasnt told a new stadium would be built either. All I knew was my current Anfield would be expanded. It's 4 years for my new stadium, in 2 years time I am hoping for it to be ready

When is the best time to ask for a new stadium? In 2nd season with Liverpool and sellouts every game. £13m in the bank but got turned down at beginning of season and waiting for the option to ask again.
I think you need more than 13m in bank

In my experience, your finances are irrelevant. If there is a serious need for a new stadium then the club will take out a loan to cover the costs.

If you have been selling out every match for some time then just keep asking, you should be due one.

This is happening to me BUT I think it may be because we are both requesting other facility upgrades. After the stadium entered planning I holidayed through a season to see what I was likely to get and the build started after that one season. When I went back to my save it has been pushed back, only difference being I've been taking advantage of the new patch and keep requesting training facilities.

In my experience, your finances are irrelevant. If there is a serious need for a new stadium then the club will take out a loan to cover the costs.

Agreed on my holiday test the board took out a 150m loan despite there being enough in the bank to cover costs and stay comfortably in the black.

When is the best time to ask for a new stadium? In 2nd season with Liverpool and sellouts every game. £13m in the bank but got turned down at beginning of season and waiting for the option to ask again.

expand the stadium first.

no error unfortunately. The minimum timeframe is 3 years but sometimes it can be extended to 5 years. I wasnt told a new stadium would be built either. All I knew was my current Anfield would be expanded. It's 4 years for my new stadium, in 2 years time I am hoping for it to be ready

Cheers for clearing that up, I was always under the impression it was done within 3 seasons, oh well.

I think you need more than 13m in bank

Absolute rubbish. My chairman built me a new ground for Newcastle Town and we didn't even have £1.3million.

Granted, the stadium only holds 6867 but it cost a lot more to build than we had cash.

would i be better off expanding stadium until its maxed out or asking for a new stadium?

Expanding. You might not be able to get a new stadium until your existing one is fully expanded and the board are convinced that a larger one is needed.

As for the changing completion dates, is it a bug? I asked for a replacement for White Hart Lane at the end of the first season and Levy didn't put up much of a fight. I was given a name, apparently it is always Perryman Park for Spurs, capacity and completion date straight away, but six months down the line and an extra two years have been added without a news report explaining it to me. Are we looking at a bug giving early or no completion dates to begin with or delays and hold ups coded into the game? I'm sure projects of that size often suffer from delays, so if that has been coded in, why aren't we told about it? I'm all for anything that adds realism, no matter how frustrating it is. A bug keeping me at WHL for longer than needs be, on t'other hand, would be a tad frustrating.

Archived