Crazy scouting reports.

I need to sign a good DC with potential to do better. I receive a report on a 22 year old that shows 3.5 stars right now with 4.5 stars potential. I sign the player within one weeek of receiving the report. As sign as I check the "joining" report he has only 2 stars for both CA & Potential.

In another case I sign a player for 1st. team & scouting reports show suitability for this both at search & signing stage. The bloke has been in the team 2 weeks & I now get a recommendation (I love these things) to change status to "rotation option". Yeah, he'll be delighted if I do!

This sort of sloppy scout reporting is useless to me & a ridiculous state of affairs to have to operate in. Something needs to be done so that scout reports don't become redundant a week after the're prepared!

The scout reports are only the opinions of the scout. Just as my opinion of a player may differ to yours, so may your scouts to your assistants. You should judge a player based on the scout reports AND his attributes, not just one or the other. I only use the scout reports to give me an insight of the players hidden attributes, and a rough guide to his ability to see if it is worth my while checking his visible attributes and having a more in depth analysis.

Like mije1983 says, the reports are just the opinions of the scouts and they are only based on first time views of the players.

I only extremely rarely sign up a player based after only one look at him by one scout. If I have any players that I may be interested in for any positions then I add him to my short list and I get a few scouts to give me a report card on him. Then I'll assign a scout to scout him over the course of 3 matches so I get to know how they play. I always keep an eye on the player for a good while before I make any snap judgements. I have made instant picks before and the players have usually turned out to be good for the first couple of months and then just sink away into obscurity.

They may be classed as a potentially 4 star or higher player BUT this is usually on a first look basis and unless you know who the player is and know that he is a great player then it's always a risk - in my opinion - signing him up after only one report card from one scout.

Understand & quite agree that I must be more thorough before signing a player. However, this doesn't change the fact that to get a two scout reports that change the star rating from 4.5 down to 2, within a blasted week of both reports is still a crock!

Understand & quite agree that I must be more thorough before signing a player. However, this doesn't change the fact that to get a two scout reports that change the star rating from 4.5 down to 2, within a blasted week of both reports is still a crock!

I disagree. It is already extremely easy to find talent in the game through your scouts and agents offering them. It is highly unrealistic for a scout to give you an accurate evaluation of a player after watching him once-twice. Even after you transfer the player and he starts training at your club, they shouldn't be able to tell the PA instantly, which is the case in FM right now. Play a little, and you may see that PA star rating change. It happened to me with a lot of players.

You can say whatever you like but a I must insist that a scout who's reports change from 4.5 down to 2, within a week of the 2 reports, is a terminal dick-head & he ain't working for me any more.

Archived