Signed Kagawa for Man Utd at the end of his Dortmund contract , WP did he not get one

Hi guys , I was wondering if you could help me. I signed Kagawa for the start of the 3rd Season ,but it says Wp next to his name. I know that means he needs one but i thought when he signed he got one? Will he now not be able to play, or is he getting one? It's now the 9th of July , and i cant go back to when he signed in terms of news items.

Thank you for any help

It means that he's not got one and won't be given one until either:

a) Japan are in the top 75/70 nations iirc.

b) He has played 75%/70% of Japan's national games over the past 2 years.

c) You loan him out to a feeder club in the hope he qualifies in the future.

d) You attempt to offer him a new deal and hope you get a chance to get one or appeal for one.

Considering Japan aren't a playable nation for licensing reasons, it's quite possible he'll never get one. He's about 25 in game now, so he's not likely to want to move on loan to a feeder club where he could get a work permit after so many years. So basically, unless I've missed something out, he probably won't ever get one now as he's not considered a hot prospect which they usually are when you can appeal.

It means that he's not got one and won't be given one until either:

a) Japan are in the top 75/70 nations iirc.

b) He has played 75%/70% of Japan's national games over the past 2 years.

c) You loan him out to a feeder club in the hope he qualifies in the future.

d) You attempt to offer him a new deal and hope you get a chance to get one or appeal for one.

Considering Japan aren't a playable nation for licensing reasons, it's quite possible he'll never get one. He's about 25 in game now, so he's not likely to want to move on loan to a feeder club where he could get a work permit after so many years. So basically, unless I've missed something out, he probably won't ever get one now as he's not considered a hot prospect which they usually are when you can appeal.

Thanks , oh well Kagawa get ready to play for Antwerp not Man Utd, how is that conversation going to go down :p ?

lol yeah good luck with that one :D

" Well you see Shinji , there's well a slight problem.... You cant technically play here cause your country doesnt exist on FM, and well I might have forgotton though I thought I would have seen it in appealing your work permit...

Sooooo you are going to have to play Belgium division 2 football. M'kay?"

FMRTE isn't good though. You have to pay to use it. It's not supported by SI and it's well known for causing problems to games.

Yeah I dont really want to use FMRTE, oh well il try and flog him in january if i cant be bothered to wait.

Just out of interest, what date did you sign him on? Did the transfer go through on the final day of the transfer window?

From memory transfers that go through on the final day of the transfer window often skip the work permit appeal, which is incredibly annoying as it doesn't make it clear that it will happen, it doesn't tell you that the player will be signed but won't have a work permit, and so you can often be stuck with an expensive player on high wages who can't be used!

Uh end of january I think.

I have to admit that I really hate the WP rules on FM. IRL if a player has a good reputation he will get the WP regardless of whether he fits the criteria. Kagawa is well known as one of the elite prospects in European football and would easily qualify IRL regardless of whether he fits the criteria.

I have to admit that I really hate the WP rules on FM. IRL if a player has a good reputation he will get the WP regardless of whether he fits the criteria. Kagawa is well known as one of the elite prospects in European football and would easily qualify IRL regardless of whether he fits the criteria.

It is implemented into the game, if you are referring to what Ryo Miyiachi got his WP for which is the special talent. Rare but it does happen.

FMRTE isn't good though. You have to pay to use it. It's not supported by SI and it's well known for causing problems to games.

This is a bald-faced lie. FMRTE does not cause problems to games; and it costs a sky high 1 euro to use.

Any chance he can apply for german citizenship? Guess he has to reside in the country though. Try sending him on loan there for a bit.

It would take another 1800 days, antwerp is quicker as it only needs 1000 odd days

This is a bald-faced lie. FMRTE does not cause problems to games; and it costs a sky high 1 euro to use.

No it's not. The amount of threads I've seen on the forums of people having trouble with their games. When asked what they've used and if they say FMRTE, it's increases the chances of a problem then.

No it's not. The amount of threads I've seen on the forums of people having trouble with their games. When asked what they've used and if they say FMRTE, it's increases the chances of a problem then.

You would be incorrect. Ive used this utility with the last several FM's and have never encountered a problem. Tens of thousands of FM customers have used this utility with no problems. You have zero basis for your claim. Now if SI allowed editing in its game this utility would be unnecessary.

I do have basis when people have been using it and their game has crashed. It may not have been directly FMRTE's fault as we'll never know. Just because you and "tens of thousands of FM customers have had no problems", it doesn't mean that other FM customers haven't. So therefore I do have a claim. This conversation is now over as I win and I'm not going to hijack the thread anymore than I have done.

You would be incorrect. Ive used this utility with the last several FM's and have never encountered a problem. Tens of thousands of FM customers have used this utility with no problems. You have zero basis for your claim. Now if SI allowed editing in its game this utility would be unnecessary.

Actually it is one of the more common known reasons why peoples games crash according to SI. By using FMRTE you increase the likelyhood of such crashes by a large amount. So to suggest he is wrong is wrong on your part and shows lack of knowledge about a subject you clearly don't fully understand.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen ;)

Isn't the donation to use FMRTE optional?

Also I suspect SI have used FMRTE as a convenient excuse to justify random crashes that have been affecting FM for ages... It's a cop-out answer and a very useful scapegoat...

When you have no clue and you don't want to admit there may be issues with the game, blaming the crash on FMRTE is a smart way to dismiss the whole thing.

I've used FMRTE for years to fix many in-game bugs (namely HG status and squad registration problems) and never had crashes except those caused by pre-existing coding issues.

Seriously, how can changing a value (like WP yes/no, or changing a players position) crash a savgame?

Actually it is one of the more common known reasons why peoples games crash according to SI. By using FMRTE you increase the likelyhood of such crashes by a large amount. So to suggest he is wrong is wrong on your part and shows lack of knowledge about a subject you clearly don't fully understand.

SI mislead about many controversial issues. Please inform us of the specific issues that cause FMRTE to make the game crash. Please inform us of even a single case of a single player or team editing causing the game to crash.

I have to stick up for FMRTE here, yes it can cause issues, but usually only if you do silly things, i have yet to experience a single crash caused by using FMRTE that wasnt my fault and easily fixed. I dont think its half as bad as what SI make out, its just a very convenient excuse for something not working.

Saying all that i can understand them wanting little to do with crashes when FMRTE has been used, they dont support it and dont have time to waste figuring out if the crash is their problem or not, but it really isnt the devil.

And of course FM crashes without the assistance of FMRTE. ;)

I think the appropriate name is 'crash dumps' ;)

I've had a few crashes/corrupt files in my day.

Ironically, when I was younger I didn't have any corrupt save files even I used to use FMRTE heavily.

Archived