Israel and other silly decisions

Once my update had finally decided it was ready to be installed, the first game I started I fancied something different. Having never started as an international manager, I decided to manage my spiritual home of Israel.

This proved to be harder than I thought it would be. The first 3 games went pretty well. A 3:1 away against Estonia, a 6:0 home win against Andorra and a 2:2 away draw against Russia.

From there on it went pear shaped..... sharpish! In my next 9 games I drew 2 (both fortunate), won 2 against Andorra and Macedonia and lost the rest. After the Macedonia win, I was offered a club job in Scotland.

Unfortunately it was at Motherwell.

When I took over, Motherwell were bottom of the SPL, and with an awful squad. After my scout finally found a few decent free transfers (including a pretty good ex Brazil intrnational), we were on our way up!! Come the end of the season we were placed 8th. Unfortunately I'd reached my zenith as manager of Motherwell!

Despite signing what I thought were some quality players for the SPL, I hovered just above the relegation zone all the next season, despite getting to the final of the Scottish League Cup and make our way to the quarter final of the EURO Cup. Come February, I applied for the newly available Celtic job, and was duly (and probably justly) forced out of my position as manager if Motherwell.

Once my update had finally decided it was ready to be installed, the first game I started I fancied something different. Having never started as an international manager, I decided to manage my spiritual home of Israel.

This proved to be harder than I thought it would be. The first 3 games went pretty well. A 3:1 away against Estonia, a 6:0 home win against Andorra and a 2:2 away draw against Russia.

From there on it went pear shaped..... sharpish! In my next 9 games I drew 2 (both fortunate), won 2 against Andorra and Macedonia and lost the rest. After the Macedonia win, I was offered a club job in Scotland.

Unfortunately it was at Motherwell.

When I took over, Motherwell were bottom of the SPL, and with an awful squad. After my scout finally found a few decent free transfers (including a pretty good ex Brazil intrnational), we were on our way up!! Come the end of the season we were placed 8th. Unfortunately I'd reached my zenith as manager of Motherwell!

Despite signing what I thought were some quality players for the SPL, I hovered just above the relegation zone all the next season, despite getting to the final of the Scottish League Cup and make our way to the quarter final of the EURO Cup. Come February, I applied for the newly available Celtic job, and was duly (and probably justly) forced out of my position as manager if Motherwell.

Archived