Stadiums Craven Cottage.

Stadiums: I’m not saying we should be allowed to build them or anything, but maybe have something of an add-on, like we have for the kits/logos/badges ect ect, like we could build real stadiums before we create a new game.. Not having it so we can build are stadium during the game, no! Because managers do not do that...

Being a Fulham fan craven cottage plays a big part and I’m sure every fan feels the same about their ground , but with Fulham you have an old type classic ground with the cottage and the river Thames by it.. some people hate it some people love it, just like most things, But when playing football manager i feel the lack in the 3d match engine, with fans players and the stadiums.. Craven cottage holds 25700 but the ground looks like it holds 100,000! feels so big and the fans on the game are shocking, but having that little unique ground with the cottage and have it so you can actually see the stands, instead of them being so high you can’t see past the first tier ha haa. also we can download chants for teams and put them into the game would be nice.... i know it’s not major and i know people we disagree with me, but I’d like to see it as i said before, craven cottage has a big part of Fulham football club... if not the editor maybe have SI working on grounds, stands ect whole different team, i mean that game size is nothing what’s football manger now 3.6 GB??? Plus the add-ons with history save games ect ect.. 6.0 gb??? i mean total war holds 15 GB. i believe SI could make this possible.

thanks for reading guys.

I think the first step towards this would be having more variation in the gerneric stadium - so in the editor, you could put how many tiers each side has with an approximate number of rows, the colour of the seats, whether or not corners are filled in, whether it's a bowl or separate stands and maybe some common features such as pillars. This would probably be much less work than adding in graphics for each individual stadia. And I think someone already tried chants, but it didn't work very well; one issue being that it would sound silly unless the game was playing in real time, and even then highlights would have to start in the middle of chants quite often.

Sorry, is this true? If so it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. Chants don't belong to a club...

Probably not by the club, but when was the last time you heard a chant that wasn't to the tune of a real, licensed song?

I know YouTube have removed videos of chants in the past due to copyright claims by the music industry, and I remember the BBC getting stung on it way back when Nick Hancock was hosting "They Think It's All Over". The estate of Ralph McTell wouldn't give them permission to use a non-standard version of "Streets of London", even though the only word the supporters chant changed was "London" to wherver they were. I forget which team it was now, a Scottish team in blue, I think- Dundee, maybe?

Archived