The club doesn't need another coach ? I just have 4 so far, and I manage Man Utd

Whenever I manage a new club I will mutual termination all the youth coach and first team coach....then I will hire 1gk coach, 2 fitness coach and 5 coach to cover attacking, defending, ball control, shooting and tactic

I do exactly that with my new Man Utd save, fired all current coach but I only managed to have 1gk coach, 2 fitness coach and 4 coach, why whenever new coach want to sign up it will be canceled because got enough coach already :(

I imagine it is because he only wants coaches to cover everything, not 1.st team or youth coaches. There's a limit to how many coaches you can have, and the OP is creating a problem for himself by not wanting to hire 1.st team or youth coaches. Man utd have a limit of 4 coaches it seems, but there's room for more 1.st team or youth coaches, probably 4 or 5 of these each in addition. The "problem" is caused by his stubborness ;)

I imagine it is because he only wants coaches to cover everything, not 1.st team or youth coaches. There's a limit to how many coaches you can have, and the OP is creating a problem for himself by not wanting to hire 1.st team or youth coaches. Man utd have a limit of 4 coaches it seems, but there's room for more 1.st team or youth coaches, probably 4 or 5 of these each in addition. The "problem" is caused by his stubborness ;)

No.

The problem is caused by SI not allowing human players the option of playing the game the way they want to play it.

No.

The problem is caused by SI not allowing human players the option of playing the game the way they want to play it.

This is so true! I think the game should be played the way I want it to be played. For example when the opponent had beaten my defenders and have a run at the goal, the second before the opponent shoot the ball I want Chuck Norris to appear and round kick the player so he can't shoot the ball...

But it can't be done because SI won't allow it :mad: darn SI, I won't buy anymore of their product until this is fixed!

This is so true! I think the game should be played the way I want it to be played. For example when the opponent had beaten my defenders and have a run at the goal, the second before the opponent shoot the ball I want Chuck Norris to appear and round kick the player so he can't shoot the ball...

But it can't be done because SI won't allow it :mad: darn SI, I won't buy anymore of their product until this is fixed!

There is a third party Chuck Norris download available ;)

You could "trick" the game into giving you a huge advantage over the AI in terms of training by doing what the OP did in FM11 and FM12.0. Since then SI changed it so that you couldn't fire youth coaches and first team coaches and hire all-coach staff anymore.

So the OP made a mistake and learned the truth the hard way...

yeh i have noticed that often the game has way more coaches/physio/scouts than they are allowed to have. when you go to fire them you cannot get any at all or just a couple. this needs to be looked at i think. seems like the ai often has a huge advantage over the player...

You could "trick" the game into giving you a huge advantage over the AI in terms of training by doing what the OP did in FM11 and FM12.0. Since then SI changed it so that you couldn't fire youth coaches and first team coaches and hire all-coach staff anymore.

So the OP made a mistake and learned the truth the hard way...

you still can get rid of all your coaches at the start i do it every game including my currant save on the new update,

you still can get rid of all your coaches at the start i do it every game including my currant save on the new update,

Yes, but let's say that your total coach limit is 10. If you fire all of them, first team coaches, youth coaches, gk and fitness coaches, you can't hire 10 general coaches anymore. That's what the OP encountered. His board doesn't allow him to hire more general coaches, so he needs to hire GK, Fitness, Youth and First Team coaches instead.

The previous system allowed an exploit that is now dealt with. The problem is really that in-game there are absolutely no incentives to sign anything but general coaches. A general coach with 20 youth coaching is, as far as we all know, exactly as good at coaching youth as a youth coach with 20 youth coaching. This is why I hired all general coaches until they stopped me from doing so. Surely, if I was told that a youth coach is better at coaching youth than a general coach, I would of course have hired youth coaches all along...

• 2 years later...

With the Career Game for FM2014 14.3, coaches literally don't exist. The position of coach doesn't exist in the search bar, and I don't have any, even with my club in the Sky Bet Championship. I've created new puppets to take the managerial positions at every single club in existence, and none of them have any coaches either, just assistant managers. So far as I can tell, there are no such things as 'coaches'. Fitness coach, goalkeeping coach, tactical coach, attacking coach, defending coach, ball control coach, etc- apparently, none of these positions even exist, at any club in existence in the game. The same goes for youth coaches and scouts. There's no way to do anything to resolve training issues, no way to talk to my assistant manager (it won't let me talk to players, staff or board members either, not even for team talks, which apparently don't exist any more either), no way to find any coaches whatsoever, no way to sign them, no way to approach the board to allow me to sign them

With the Career Game for FM2014 14.3, coaches literally don't exist. The position of coach doesn't exist in the search bar, and I don't have any, even with my club in the Sky Bet Championship. I've created new puppets to take the managerial positions at every single club in existence, and none of them have any coaches either, just assistant managers. So far as I can tell,, there are no such things as 'coaches'. Fitness coach, goalkeeping coach, tactical coach, attacking coach, defending coach, ball control coach, etc- apparently, none of these positions even exist, at any club in existence in the game. The same goes for youth coaches and scouts. There's no way to do anything to resolve training issues, no way to talk to my assistant manager (it won't let me talk to players, staff or board members either, not even for team talks, which apparently don't exist any more either), no way to find any coaches whatsoever, no way to sign them, no way to approach the board to allow me to sign them

You are doing something seriously wrong then because everyone else can sign staff.

You can either use the job centre to advertise a position or do a staff search, either way there should be plenty of options.

• Administrators
With the Career Game for FM2014 14.3, coaches literally don't exist. The position of coach doesn't exist in the search bar, and I don't have any, even with my club in the Sky Bet Championship. I've created new puppets to take the managerial positions at every single club in existence, and none of them have any coaches either, just assistant managers. So far as I can tell,there are no such things as 'coaches'. Fitness coach, goalkeeping coach, tactical coach, attacking coach, defending coach, ball control coach, etc- apparently, none of these positions even exist, at any club in existence in the game. The same goes for youth coaches and scouts. There's no way to do anything to resolve training issues, no way to talk to my assistant manager (it won't let me talk to players, staff or board members either, not even for team talks, which apparently don't exist any more either), no way to find any coaches whatsoever, no way to sign them, no way to approach the board to allow me to sign them

Sounds like you're playing FMC.

Archived