Starting game with no internet connection

I have downlaoded the game thru Steam and it works fine if I have an internet connection. HOWEVER, there are times when i dont have an internet connection and want to play the game for a few (while on a plane or a train) and cant.

Is there anyway to to do this i am missing.

BTW....i did PURCHASE my game!!!!

You have to be online initially to put Steam into Offline mode, but once you've done that, you can continue to play regardless of whether or not you have an Internet connection.

You have to be online initially to put Steam into Offline mode, but once you've done that, you can continue to play regardless of whether or not you have an Internet connection.

I don't believe that is the case. You can start steam in offline mode from the beginning without connecting to the net. The only time it won't work for you is if the Steam client needs to update itself. Otherwise, the internet connection doesn't matter.

I don't believe that is the case. You can start steam in offline mode from the beginning without connecting to the net. The only time it won't work for you is if the Steam client needs to update itself. Otherwise, the internet connection doesn't matter.

And you just need to remember to have 'don't save account credentials on this computer' unticked in the settings menu.

yeah i can set this into offline when i connect to the internet but if i am at a location that i dont have internet i am not able to start my game. When i click on the FM icon and get the Steam message about starting offline, it tells me that it couldnt connect to the steam network and then there is a message "this operation cannot be completed when Steam is offline mode"

I havent had this trouble with other years when i would go to the family cabin. Just curious if this is a steam problem or a FM12 problem?????

I even tried last years work around where you could go to the steam/steamapp/common/fm.exe and start it from there but that doesnt work either.

If you set it to offline when you have an internet connection and make sure the 'dont remember me' box is unchecked you should't have a problem playing FM when you are somewhere that doesn't have an active internet connection. At least that's my belief!

Archived