Offer player to club ignore price set.

So... this seem to happen randomly as it happens for some players and not others but heres the example where I first noticed it.

I have a decent middle fielder I'm trying to sell. Have had him transfer listed a few weeks and have about 10 teams with major interest in him with his price set at roughly 10M (I play with swedish kr so roughly translated to £ for this post). I decide to offer him out to clubs for 12M seeing as I had 10 clubs interested to see what happens.

Now the problem... I get a message stating I offer him out and theres lots of interest bla bla... BUT with this line added at the bottom Darmstadt are thought to be looking for somewhere in the region of 6M for the player. This obviously resulting in no one bidding more then 6M for him.

Ok I think they dont think hes worth more then 6M but heres where it gets wierd.

to try this out I did a bunch of reloads to try different offerings:

2M up front 8M in 48 months result in the message saying thought to be looking for somewhere in the region of 2M so all offers are 2M over 48 months.... seriously?

6M up front 4M after 10 apperances result in the message saying thought to be looking for somewhere in the region of 6M and all offers are 6M flat

30M up front result in the message saying thought to be looking for somewhere in the region of 6M and all offers are 6M flat

4M up front 4M after 12 months result in the message saying thought to be looking for somewhere in the region of 4M and all offers are 4M after 12 months

and so on....

The player does not have any min release clauses or anything similar so why is it totaly ignoring the price I ask and even more strangely change the price to the lowest figure like in example 1 above? Have never seen this before I mean if I offer him out for 30M as above and no one is interested I just get no replys but now all of a sudden it sets the price to 6M no matter what I do. As said though this doesnt happen with all players did some tests without saving with other players seems totaly random.

Am I missing something obvious somewhere or has it always been like this before and I have just never seen it?

Making another try as this is still bugging me....

Why cant I offer people out for the prices I actually set?

I often get a message stating Darmstadt are thought to be looking for in the region of XXX for the player. With the value 1/2 or 1/3 of what I actually offer them out for resulting in noone bidding more then the message stated I'm looking for.

I assure you I am looking for the price I'm offering them for not some random number the game sets for me.... so any ideas on why this happens and is it same for everyone else?

The "thought to be looking for" figure is always one that the game calculates seperately from your asking price - you see it even when you're not offering a player out.

When clubs are interested in one of the players I don't want to sell (and have therefore put a really high asking price on) then the "thought to be looking for" figure is halfway between the value of my player as seen on his status screen, and the asking price that I have set. (so far as I've noticed).

There may well be a different formula being used since you are actively offering the player out.

Perhaps this formula isn't workign properly, perhaps it is, but I do know it's not designed to just be the asking price you have set.

I understand the thought to be looking for number shouldnt necessarily be the same as my asking price I dont have anything against that in itself if what it did was only show how much others are willing to offer.

BUT the part where no team ever bids above this number when I offer a player out for more is the same as rendering the option to chose a price to offer players for it totaly pointless as it sets its own price anyway. I can ask for 3 billion or something rediculous but instead of the game giving me the usual "no one is interested at that price" message the game automaticaly lowers my asking price to what it think it should be and I get lots of offers for that price. As it is now I cant even offer them out for more then go down till I get a resonable bid if you get my point it just auto sets it at that number no matter what I do.

Just to be clear though if no team is showing interest in the player before I offer them out I can still get the "no team is interested" message but as soon as there is 1 or more teams on the interested list I get this auto price set if I ask for more then that number.

To sum it up I dont see the point of having the option to ask for a certain price if the game is just gonna ignore it anyway.

I strange thing happen here when I was Selling hunterlarr

I offered out for 15 mil...news reports says looking for 15 mil

I offer out for 20 mil... I suddenly want just 10 mil

3rd time lucky, I offer 16mil....I want 9mil

The number just seems radnom some times, needless to say I reloaded for a 4th time and just stuck to my 15mil

Thank you for posting guys good to know I'm not totally alone. Something just feels off with this function but judging from the lack of replies either people dont care or theres just not enough of us that have this problem.

Anyone else seeing strange results when offering players out please post! :)

To be honest mate, I don't even bother with trying to sell players anymore, the transfer market is so crap that the only way I can get players off my wage bill is to do a 'mutual agreement' or wait until their contracts run out. I've had 8 pretty decent players up for sale at prices DFS would be proud of and not had a single offer in two years!

In general I dont have much problem selling players, ofcourse provided they are good enough so someone else would want them meaning getting rid of first window deadwood dont count.

The players in question here always have the wanted tag on them as I have tried to say above thats the only times I see this problem as if no one is interested I usually get the normal "no club is showing interest" message when offering them out. The thing is I like buying young players and when they are of a good enough level from the u19/u23 team bring them in the mainteam and sell off the players that by now are usually starting to demand fantasy wages instead. Again I have no trouble selling them I just dont get the kind of money I should be getting for them due to the game choosing to ignore the prices I ask for them.

In general I dont have much problem selling players, ofcourse provided they are good enough so someone else would want them meaning getting rid of first window deadwood dont count.

The players in question here always have the wanted tag on them as I have tried to say above thats the only times I see this problem as if no one is interested I usually get the normal "no club is showing interest" message when offering them out. The thing is I like buying young players and when they are of a good enough level from the u19/u23 team bring them in the mainteam and sell off the players that by now are usually starting to demand fantasy wages instead. Again I have no trouble selling them I just dont get the kind of money I should be getting for them due to the game choosing to ignore the prices I ask for them.

It would be nice to see just one offer mate, all the players I've got listed have had the 'wanted' tag for over a year but I still never receive a single offer. Some of them would make very good league two and maybe league one players and I have got several of those kind of teams 'interested' but as I said, over a year now and still no offers.

I'm afraid I'm not much help with your issue as I in general dont have any trouble getting rid of my players its usually the other way around... as in they bid for my players when I dont want to sell and upset my players making them ask for wage hikes and so on...

Reason I offer players out is that gives me control of When I sell the player where as just waiting for an offer I might not get that till months after I have in reality replaced the player. Not being able to actually set a price I'm asking for is kind of killing this way for me though...

Uhm maybe those clubs who are interested in your player don't have €10 to spend? Or they don't want to spend their whole transfer budget on one player. There is a way to test this, sort of cheating but it could explain alot. Download FMRTE 5.0.2 (this ones free) go to the club who is interested in your player and look at their transfer budget. Also look at your players CA and PA. The game will pay a certain amount of money on a player depending on the available transfer budget and CA/PA of a player. I hope this helps...

Uhm maybe those clubs who are interested in your player don't have €10 to spend? Or they don't want to spend their whole transfer budget on one player. There is a way to test this, sort of cheating but it could explain alot. Download FMRTE 5.0.2 (this ones free) go to the club who is interested in your player and look at their transfer budget. Also look at your players CA and PA. The game will pay a certain amount of money on a player depending on the available transfer budget and CA/PA of a player. I hope this helps...

I will indeed try your suggestion but the players I'm trying to sell are only £2000 max and starting as low as £750. The teams showing 'interest' are from league 1 and 2 so I'm sure they would be able to afford to make an offer if the game ever let them do so.

Trying to sell a player is pretty broken IMO. Lets be honest if a player was offered to you for £0 and he was even a good rotation option why would you not at least progress to contract talks? It is very difficult to get rid of a player. I usually just release players that I NEED to get rid of

I once again want to point out I am NOT complaining about it being hard to sell players. And this thread is not about it being hard to sell players and if thats your only complaint please take it up in one of many threads about this issue so my issue dont get overlooked.

My issue is that the price I set when I offer the player out is totaly ignored by the game. I have no problem selling the players I just dont get the prices I ask for when doing so.

Archived