A gosh darn it moment!

Had a real what the hell moment and decided to load up as many players as possible and every league, i then decided to take charge of Malaysia and really enjoying it, a lot more than the norm maybe because of a challenge maybe because its different but none the less it feels like a new game, granted loading time is a little longer than usual but i decided to get my PC out and give the laptop a rest, and with threading capabilities i'm buzzing because although loading is sometime a little long its still probably quicker than my laptop with a few european leagues loaded. I think i've loaded abround 350.000 players which is an epic amount anyone know the max amount you can load? Because i custom databased it and loaded all players from each continent.

No swearies in thread titles please (or anywhere else really, but especially not in thread titles).

Yeah apologies, i thought the stars would be O.K but guess not. Would it be ok to change it to What the hell, because gosh darn it doesn't really apply mate.

Be prepared for your save to collapse once you go beyond 10 seasons, I tried a similar number of players with all leagues loaded on my PC (o/c i7, 6GB 1333 DDR3 RAM, 500GB free HDD space) & eventually it died because FM could not address enough memory to handle the sheer volume of data that 300K+ players & 118 leagues generated.

Current setup I'm using is, all leagues & ca.180,000 players, 15 seasons without a hitch.

You shouldn't load too many. No more than recommended at the start-up screen, as you may encounter problems a few seasons into the game.
It wouldn't make a difference what stage the game is at really would it, but yeah i suppose, virtual memory problems etc could occur at any time.

Had a real what the hell moment and decided to load up as many players as possible and every league, i then decided to take charge of Malaysia and really enjoying it, a lot more than the norm maybe because of a challenge maybe because its different but none the less it feels like a new game, granted loading time is a little longer than usual but i decided to get my PC out and give the laptop a rest, and with threading capabilities i'm buzzing because although loading is sometime a little long its still probably quicker than my laptop with a few european leagues loaded. I think i've loaded abround 350.000 players which is an epic amount anyone know the max amount you can load? Because i custom databased it and loaded all players from each continent.

Be warned if you ever want to go into club football in that save, In one of my save with a few friends, I had a custom large database on from the start went on holiday till 2020 so there is plenty of regens but still a good few familiar faces about and the player search is like a new age torture method takes easily 25+secs to load the search then another 25+secs every time you change a filter, even if its only one Attribute up 1. My database consisted mainly of the top maybe top two leagues from the top footballing countries and when I first started the game i think it was around the 50,000 mark, now in 2024 there is over 300,000. So in your case I shudder to think how many players you will end up with in a few years. And FYI I use a gaming desktop PC so its not my hardware.

On that note as i see it the only fix to that problem is the same as any over population of pests, a good old fashioned Cull, now the way i achieved this was using FMRTE to make any one less than a desired PA (in my case 80) 70yrs old that way I'm hoping they will see fit to pack away the boots and call it a day, I did holiday to the start of a new season to see if it worked and i think the data base size is now down to 250,000 so getting there. And just in case your wondering nearly 50% of my database was players under 80PA.

Something has gone horribly wrong on your game, starting with 50,000 players should not result in there being 300,000 a couple of decades later.

AFAIK the game does not allow for an exponential growth of the database & it should remain at a fairly constant figure.

Something has gone horribly wrong on your game, starting with 50,000 players should not result in there being 300,000 a couple of decades later.

AFAIK the game does not allow for an exponential growth of the database & it should remain at a fairly constant figure.

Hmm here was me thinking SI have taking into account the bulging world population, I'll keep an eye on this, I just started a new save a few days back to ill keep an eye on the database size throughout the years see if the same thing happens. I did just assume that since i had a large database with a good few leagues in it that them teams that maybe didn't have enough players at the start either generated in and kept there youth or signed up any players that where released from higher teams so the number of generated was higher each year than the number of Retired.

Archived