Can you in fm 12 build a youth facility like barcelona

Yes, you can request the board to upgrade your youth facilitys to the best that there is. It takes a longer time depending on what state they are already in.

It takes around 3 months for a basic upgrade IIRC

Well providing you can get your finances back on track they will rebuild them.

Going to take a while but I have seen big leaps from say average to top class, when you become a high profile manager the board will do almost anything you ask them too :)

If you mean can you produce 11 players of similar age to play in first team in mould of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pedro, Valdes, Busquets then i would very much doubt it

In my Scottish save game i have Hearts and Rangers with State of the Art Youth Faciilities, Excellent junior coaching and above average youth recruitment. Dundee United and Hibernian both have good set ups aswell but not on par (will check actual stats when i can load the game)

im not sure it really effects the quality of youth tho tbh since i didnt see so many super regens, prob a handful of quality but some are from english academies and also i noticed when i was managing England national team that maybe regens have improved somewhat this version. I would say based on population that Scotland will always lag behind, if 1 in 10 players is world class for example there is a lot more 1's and 10's in 50m than 5m.

Archived