This should be option-able !

This is a really stupid and very annoying feature!

My board of directors have decided to have a new stadium built at the cost of nearly £2million because we got promoted to the BSN. They've borrowed over a million quid which of course is now having to be paid back, subsequently I'm now getting bombed out with 'you must cut the wage bill' type rubbish and I can't do anything at all because we can't even meet the monthly repayments on the new build.

This has put my save game into a really stupid situation now where I'm going to run out of money and/or get sacked because my wage bill and payment demands can't be reached.

Personally I think this needs a disable button of some kind and there shouldn't be any new building or new facilities until you ask for them because you/I seem to understand the finances better than the flaming board of directors do!

You won't get sacked for not controlling the wages. You can go to the board and cut out things like youth training, networking etc. if you can you should say it to the board. Even cutting the youth team and reserves if you have them?

You won't get sacked. You should see increase in attendances as long as you stay up in the BNS.

You could also try to find a Parent club, that will inject some cash into your club once a year.

And also try to arrange some home friendlies against higher rep teams - this can get you gate receipts.

Thanks for that Eugene but I really shouldn't have to do all those things, this is the Blue Square North for God's sake! My old ground held 1500 and I'm getting gates of around 375..... No board of directors anywhere in the world would be stupid enough (except maybe Portsmouth....lol) to take on a million pound debt to build a 3500 capacity stadium for a crowd of 350 people!

Plus of course I'm going to end up losing a shed load more money now having to get rid of players because the transfer market is so crap I'll end up having to pay them off to get rid of them.

It would be much more simple if it didn't happen !

Sometimes the Board make mistakes. Look at Peter Ridsdale for the Leeds Enrons.

I realise it is frustrating. But I have never had any problem with the Board in regards to letting the club run into debt.

Stick it out. Don't sell players. The board have never ever sacked me in this regard. In fact, I've never been sacked in any game of FM.

Attendances will pick up over the next season or two.

Sometimes the Board make mistakes. Look at Peter Ridsdale for the Leeds Enrons.

I realise it is frustrating. But I have never had any problem with the Board in regards to letting the club run into debt.

Stick it out. Don't sell players. The board have never ever sacked me in this regard. In fact, I've never been sacked in any game of FM.

Attendances will pick up over the next season or two.

OK I'm taking you at your word mate.....haha!

I'll be sticking with it anyway because I'm three seasons in...... I still think it would be much better if you could switch off building options until you knew you could afford it though.

@ dgibson9999 :- you could be right mate, I don't know for sure but I'd think there wasn't a lot of difference in criteria from Evo-Stik to BSN

Do a Save As and continue on. If you get the sack as a result of my advice go back to the original save and play it the way you want :)

It would be nice to turn off building options etc. but is that realistic? Surely the board and owners decide that stuff and the manager doesn't get input. You can suggest it to the board. But they don't have to build it, it's usually at their discretion.

Do a Save As and continue on. If you get the sack as a result of my advice go back to the original save and play it the way you want :)

It would be nice to turn off building options etc. but is that realistic? Surely the board and owners decide that stuff and the manager doesn't get input. You can suggest it to the board. But they don't have to build it, it's usually at their discretion.

I think the realistic thing is that the board should decline promotion if it can't meet the stadium requirements (and can't afford to upgrade, as the OP's situation seems similar to).

Personally, I would either scrap the requirements, or put the user in charge of these decisions. Sure, it's not a "football manager's" decision, but then again, nobody says that the game has to restrict itself to the title of the series.

It appears from everyone's friend google that there is indeed requirements for acceptance to the BSN.

"University get go ahead for 3000 capacity stadium ... the requirements set to meet up to Blue Square North/South ground grading standards"

Hopefully your attendances will improve and things will work out.

Archived