My sweetest victory and my super sub...

After Xavi scored the 2nd goal in the 54th min, I kinda of given up and already accepted that this game will be a defeat. Afterall, which team can mount a comeback against the Mighty Barca?

I took a gamble to bring on a sub, Andre Ayew for Fernando. Shifted Modric back to CM position and put Ayew on the RW. No changes in roles or formations though.

Z9MEQ.png

Ayew did not take long to show his super sub magic. In the 64th min, he dribbled to the byline and cross for Aguero to tap in for what I suppose was a consolation goal. In the 75th min, Ayew again provided the pass where Modric struck a curler to level the tie. And in the 77th, Bale scored again. I jumped off my sit and thought it's the winner but the drama does not end there. Nooooo......The godly Messi scored in the 90th min to level things up once more. 3-3 going to extra time.

In extra time, I was not to be denied a winner this time. Bassong winning an aerial duel to score the all important goal in 105th min, giving the better side a deserved victory and their 1st CL victory.

Andre Ayew got a 9 for his performance.

cHsif.png

KBkdJ.png

ICMgv.png

Impressive but come back to me when you've beaten Arsenal (The year after they had won CL in game) Spurs, Schalke, PSV and Proto and got vital draws against Inter and Bayern as Ireland's Bray Wanders, some of which were done when I was still semi-proffesional club and highest earner was 650p/w..

How much you pay for Aguero by the way?

Still that is impressive.. You must have been buzzing after the match.

Archived