Amateur->SemiPro->Pro???

Just stared a new game there as my local team had to make up new nation rules and just about managed to scrape that together very very rough job, but it plays and i can be my local team so good enough for me, just wondering how much money/reputation generally do you need to have before the board even consider request regarding professional status? I see the option in the board interaction but its greyed out, which it will be for some time i imagine as i have just started but just courious?

my guess (and this very much is just a guess as I've never played as a llm), would be that there's no single definitive figure you can put on this as too many factors will have to be taken into account. Eg: League/nation rep as well as club rep, finances, the reputations and finances of other pro clubs in your league (if there are any). Thinking about it perhaps even things like stadium size, maximum fan-base etc would possibly have to be factored in to gauge effectively if the move would make sense financially.

If you hover your cursor over the greyed out professional bit, what does it say? That usually gives the manager a good indication, if not having managed Halifax myself all the way up to the Premiership I was made professional when I hit League Two.

I was semi-professional Bray for a good few season in FM11 and got into a really good financial situation and still didn't turn Pro even after winning the premier division a couple times.. Finally happened after about 4 year of turning 1m+ profit per year then qualified for champions league, went out group stages after only managing one draw in all matches but then at the close of season club board announced it. So ya I guess its a combination of finance/reputation/attendance.

I think becoming pro is a long long way off, but I am hoping that becoming semi-pro isn't quite as far, basically although I'm loving paying players no wages at amateur, I'm quite worried that the larger teams can just pouch off my best players with out me getting a dime my SC currently has 20 goals in 19 starts. FYI I'm managing in a league I created below the Irish First Division so most of the teams in my league are amateur but I checked and all the teams in the first division are at least semi-pro.

Archived