Nearly whole side away on International duty!! :(

Major sad face.

I have never had this happen to me before in all the years I have been playing FM!!

Also possibly coincidence that the patch just came out too? I dunno!

Anyway, basically all my side is away on International duty, this match I am about to enter is my first Champions League game, Guess it will be a loss..

wtfmissingside.jpg

I will field a side, of my youth team basically..

Result was ok considering..

westhamresult.jpg

I've had this happen to me and it is infuriating when you get hit by it. The worst thing is there isn't even the excuse of it being a new bug introduced in the latest patch. It happened to my Milan team on FM09 so it's been there for 4 versions of the game now, although in SI and the testing team's defence I think it is a fairly rare bug which probably makes it a bit of a nightmare to reproduce, identify the cause of and fix.

IIRC, in real life a UECL or COncaf Champions League match is never scheduled while players are on international duty. Why this is not reflected in the game is beyond me.

Well it is reflected in the game, it's is a pretty rare bug that I've not once experienced it in all my years playing. If it happened all the time, the franchise wouldn't survive for very long.

Happens to me on a regular basis in the lower leagues, generally with 5 or 6 away on U21 duty. Never experienced it in the CL (because I never tend to get that high!) but I've had it happen in a play off final. I don't need to tell you that I lost the game, and hence an entire season was down the toilet...

So yes, I feel your pain!

Archived