Steam message - This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time?

Is anyone else getting this message, or am I the only poor sap who can't get access to what he has rightly paid for (which should give me access whenever I choose to play it?

How I miss the old CD versions. I presume if future games will also be steam based that the cost will be lowered?

Here's how to fix it

To verify the game local cache file you will need to open your Steam browser and go in the library tab. Then you right click on the name of your game and select properties. On the new windows select ''Local files'' then click ''Verify integrity of the game cache..''.

It then needs a update

I'm getting a "completing installation" message with a % progress that shoots up to 100% and then says

"The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2012. Error Code (53)"

The worst thing is that i don't want to start a new game with the update. I'm 10 years in with no plans to start a new game :(

I've been getting the same message since yesterday as well.

* Uninstalled steam, then reinstalled

* Installed fm12 once again

* Verified cache god knows how many times.

Overall I am not impressed one bit.

Great Idea SI, make steam mandatory to stop piracy, annoy your whole client base of which the majority buy the game anyway, end result is everyone will think twice before buying the next version. I know I will, steam is garbage, you feel like you are paying for a game you dont own :mad:

Great Idea SI, make steam mandatory to stop piracy, annoy your whole client base of which the majority buy the game anyway, end result is everyone will think twice before buying the next version. I know I will, steam is garbage, you feel like you are paying for a game you dont own :mad:

Well that's a stupid comment to say the very least.

I'm getting a "completing installation" message with a % progress that shoots up to 100% and then says

"The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2012. Error Code (53)"

The worst thing is that i don't want to start a new game with the update. I'm 10 years in with no plans to start a new game :(

Start Steam and uninstall the game (right click on it and select delete local content). Exit Steam and delete the C:/steam/steamapps/fm2012 folder. Completely turn off your anti virus software (I hard to stop mine from starting up when I start Windows and then reboot). Start Steam again and reinstall FM2012. When it's downloaded start the game up. Then reactivate your antivirus software. That fixed it for me.

I wouldn't bother giving advice, they won't listen. They never do.

True which is a shame because that advice will work 9 times out of 10. I had this issue this morning and just waited for 10 minutes, restarted my computer and FM was running fine. The problem is that most people are impatient. I do agree though that steam can be a bit of a pain though.

True which is a shame because that advice will work 9 times out of 10. I had this issue this morning and just waited for 10 minutes, restarted my computer and FM was running fine. The problem is that most people are impatient. I do agree though that steam can be a bit of a pain though.

As true as that may be, I'm confident this thread is about the other 1 out of 10, where that's just not the solution. If it were as simple as waiting and/or restarting, there wouldn't suddenly be a spike in threads about the same error, which I'm also suffering from. We're not all impatient technophobes- something has changed with the update which is now causing a conflict where previously there wasn't one, and delivering that particular error. My suspicion is currently that it is related to anti-virus/firewall permissions- the "too busy" error is being reported because the something that has changed now no longer has the permissions it requires, so the attempt to connect/finalise the installation is failing.

Archived