Is updating with the latest patch recommended?

Hi,

I was wondering as there were so many complains after the last patch, if I really should update my game.

I had it patched with the 12.1. patch but after doing so I had the odd "FM2012 is not available at the moment" and had to do this and that and wait and do it again until it finally worked again. And then also had to replace all folders (lnc if you know what i mean) again.

Since then I have Steam set to "offline" for I didnt want to update my FM2012 game automatically without asking me for permission.

Wondering if the latest patch is worth all this work again? What do you say, guys?

To be honest, every patch that comes out is always worth installing. You will always get a bunch of people moaning when a patch is released, or when a game is released for that matter - it's a fact of life.

So I say install the patch and get playing.

Don't patch if you are continuing a 12.1 save in the Greek league, it makes all players foreign for the domestic league, but does not if you start a new game.

Other than that one scenario, there is no reason not to patch.

Every patch ever released has a bunch of people moaning about it while the majority just get on and enjoy. Unless you're playing Greek league (I'm sure there'll be a hotfix for this sooner or later anyway, can't see SI leaving a whole league broken) then there really is no reason not to update.

Every patch ever released has a bunch of people moaning about it while the majority just get on and enjoy. Unless you're playing Greek league (I'm sure there'll be a hotfix for this sooner or later anyway, can't see SI leaving a whole league broken) then there really is no reason not to update.

It's not just the Greek League, it appears to be compromising some customised leagues as well, so some of us have good reason not to update.

It's not just the Greek League, it appears to be compromising some customised leagues as well, so some of us have good reason not to update.

Fair point mate, but you've been around long enough to know that SI never have and never will support custom leagues. That's the risk you take when messing with a game as complex as FM. There's no reason why anyone playing a bog standard game not based in Greece shouldn't update is my corrected statement.

Fair point mate, but you've been around long enough to know that SI never have and never will support custom leagues. That's the risk you take when messing with a game as complex as FM. There's no reason why anyone playing a bog standard game not based in Greece shouldn't update is my corrected statement.

True, but it makes you wonder why they provide the official editor if they don't support it. I'm starting to think they are deliberately inserting little bugs to sabotage my DB as they know it's even better than their default one! ;)

• Administrators

Nah we'd never do that - to be honest the Greek league issue has surprised us so it's highly unlikely we'd put it in to screw up people's save games! We're looking into the issue, thanks for bringing it up.

Archived