Very low max salary

I've currently just started a season with Cercle Brugge. At the beginning of the pre-season, I was about 10k p/w above my wage budget. After selling off a striker and asking the board for a budget increase I'm now 1k per week above the limit. I only have one player who can play right back, so I signed a few candidates on trial. One has done quite well in the pre-season friendly's, but when I try to offer him a contract, the highest weekly wage I can offer is 600 per week, at key player status. My average salary is 2,600 per week. I know I am over my wage budget, but there simply isn't anything I can do about it, and I need a backup for the RB position, especially as the main player is injured for a month. I can't offer the wages anyone wants, I have no right back, and all three of my loan "slots" had already been done when I joined the team, so I can't get someone on loan to cover the position. Any ideas as to what I should do? Are there any work arounds to increase the maximum salary, besides cranking the slider all the way towards wages, which I've already done? I know I'm going to exceed the wage budget by 4k a week, but I simply need a right back. The RB/CB player who is the only one who can play that position is earning 12k a week, which is a bit above what he should be, but he's the captain and my best player. Given all the disruptions this would cause, would selling him in order to free up the salary be worth it?

thanks

Welcome to real life management dilemas :D You can't expect to break the bank with small budget clubs who won't have the income to cover the extra expenditure. As mentioned above your best bet is to retrain centre backs or left backs. May even have to use an academy kid until the winter break.

Archived