Buy Fm2012 for £7.99 until Friday 9th March 6pm

• Administrators

Yeah there may be an issue with the gift purchase - we're looking into it. The sale finishes Friday so it may be worth leaving it for today if you can't get it working and hopefully it'll all be sorted by tomorrow. Apologies about that.

You said earlier that there was a problem with gift purchase but we are talking about buying the game for ourself.

Is there also an error for buying the game for own use?,that would explain the large difference in region prices but just want to clear it up.

If there is an error I will wait for it to change,I would like to buy the game but feel a little hard down by if I have to spend twice as much as other people.

You said earlier that there was a problem with gift purchase but we are talking about buying the game for ourself.

Is there also an error for buying the game for own use?,that would explain the large difference in region prices but just want to clear it up.

If there is an error I will wait for it to change,I would like to buy the game but feel a little hard down by if I have to spend twice as much as other people.

Couldn't say it better myself. I'll wait then. Thanks for replying, Neil.

• Administrators
I hope it will be resolved by tommorow as I will probably buy several games for some friends.

Will that be possible? Is there a limit for buying a game as a gift?

Not as far as I've been informed - although I wouldn't suggest setting up your own Ebay shop selling them! :D

Not as far as I've been informed - although I wouldn't suggest setting up your own Ebay shop selling them! :D

I have looked into my crystal ball and have seen vast amounts of Football Manager 2012 being traded in the Steam Trading Forum in the next few weeks ;)

Well I'll be doing that for the members of a FM forum considering many of them can't be bothered dealing with PayPal and such sites (especially those under 18). I buy them the game, they give me the money via post or in person (considering some of the interested live in my hometown).

Yeah I am thinking of asking my mates in the UK to buy me the game as a gift and I will buy a game for them in return.

It is pretty poor I have to jump through rings like this just to get the same deal they are getting.

It is strange as when they gift me the game it costs them only 5 pounds but if I had the deal those guys were getting in the UK I would buy it for myself so Steam/SI would get 8 pounds...go figure.

• Administrators

I'm afraid the percentage fall for the Euro price is the same as the UK one, so the €19.99 is correct. I'm afraid we don't set the prices, but as said the price drop is the same. Sorry for the confusion about that.

• Administrators

The price of the game in Europe has come down from 49.99 to 19.99

The price of the game in the UK has come down from 19.99 to 7.99

That's the same percentage price drop in terms of prices. That's what I was trying to say.

i understand that, buty all that is saying is youve always ripped off european buyers so you arent ripping them off anymore now than you have before.

FM2012 is the first version in around 10 years i havent bought, and daftly the reason is steam. i think steam is fantastic and have bought more games from steam than anything ever. the fall and christmas sales were awesome.

so for me to download from steam would be ideal. except your prices are disgraceful. 50 euro when i could order from amazon for 20.

i get excited you have a sale on, until you tell me the 20 euro i could pay is 3 times what i would pay if my bank card was registered in the uk.

sorry, too ****ed off to order. if it was 20 euro everywhere i might but why should i when you have dropped your trousers in the uk but dont think european players are important.

Archived