team owner

when the users came here posting the idea of being able to buy a team or be a assman or simply using the money you earn on something

i start laughing but after so many time i finally agree with them as a veteran FM user i hope you can asually buy a team on FM 2013.

now i know what you are going to say guy's "go and play fifa manager" '' the name of the game is football manager not football team owner'' etc. ETC. but i really think is a great idea i mean if you simple want to play as a manager that's ok you guy's would not be affected by the owner mode.

FM 2013 would be the same great manager game with the new features and updated roster of all time but this time you would actually have the oportunity to play as a owner.

now you can start throwing rocks on me but i really hope some other user agree with me i know every week we get the same old post of the assman or owner mode but i really want to express my feelings about it.

GRACIAS POR LEER MI POST. lamento el ingles mal escrito prefiero no usar google traductor y usar mi ingles de nivel medio.

I shall cast the first stone. :)

I understand the point you're making about owner/director modes being in addition to the core element of being a football manager & that when playing the game the option to be an owner will have no impact on players who are not interested in such an idea.

The problem however is that to create these additional modes SI will have to divert scarce financial & staff recourse to developing & testing a new feature that on the whole is apparently not wanted by the majority & is certainly not something that they [sI] are interested in either.

FM 2013 would be the same great manager game with the new features and updated roster of all time but this time you would actually have the oportunity to play as a owner.

The simple question is what would the player do in an owner mode? I can't really see much as being worth putting into a game. Appointing a manager is a few mouse clicks, and then you can watch the games they manage. Deciding if you can afford a new stadium, or need one, is a brief consideration followed by a mouse click. Moving money from one place to another isn't that much fun. Bribery and corruption will never be a part of FM and civic dinners would be at most an inbox message. You could spend your time selecting goldfish and hotdog suppliers, but the games that have included such things have ceased production because they forgot about the football.

Not meaning to throw rocks, but without any concrete ideas of what an owner mode would consist of, the suggestion has no legs to it.

There is precedences of owners managing their own clubs - though usually disastrously (with the exception of Brentford I seem to remember - the owner got them promoted didn't he?)

Though I do like the idea of you fending off bids for the clubs, though not so much putting the club into Adminsitration.

well i have some ideas.

first of all it all depends on what tipe of owner you are.

1.THE LAZY ONE. you just take care of the economy everithing else you hire yourself a directiva (i dont know the english word of directiva) wich take the decision of everything.

2. the owner/manager. all the manager decisions + owner's one's

3. the BOSS. you take care of which manager you hire and every aspect of the game i mean instead of being the manager the one that buy the players this time manager and scouts come to your office with a list then you decide wich player you brought pr if you prefer you could hunt (scout) your own player's. you take care of the sponsor's and the merchandise (this aspects are suppose to be more deeper than in fifa manager). each month or week you visit the torcida (barra,hinchada) leader to see how the things are going with the followers of your team.

plus you need to have a good relation with other owner's and media people (press,reporters,followers etc) in order to avoid critics and or get the players cheaper (from the other owner's).

i mean when you think inside of the box the idea is pretty lame but when you think outside of the box you start seeing the posibilities.

ps. de nuevo perdon por wrong tiped english im from mexico and i didn't use google traductor xD.

If you want to be a director/owner then just start a game as the manager... Hire who you want to be the manager as your assistant manager... Then holiday any games... So you then get to buy and sell players etc but you don't need to do anything like press conferences or team talks or games...Thats the answer to that one.

I would much rather they just focused on improving the whole of the AI throughout the game. Its still the best out there but there are the same niggles and its annoying. If I had to time/desire to write down something that is wrong with the AI everytime it appears in my FM11 save I could write so so many bullet points, probably pages and pages... and then if i compared those issues with FM12 or FM10 or FM09 i bet they would be exactly the same issues. I love the game but I think thats where it really needs to improve if FM is to go to the next level.

PS - I do realise this is something that will be very very hard since its trying to replicate real life decision making in all aspects of real life football (on all levels of AI - owner level, director level, manager level, coaching staff, scouting level, player level) And the coding will be ever so hard, and the soak testing and all that etc to get it right. I can't imagine the level of coding it would take to replicate real life intelligence into a game lol.

One nice aspect of being owner could be not having to deal with silly boards refusing you or selling your players left and right!

But on the other hand there would probably still be some kind of board even if you own the team... but we can dream right :D

you know SI should make a game about being a owner there's enought market for it...... (for sure it would have more market than the hockey game).

No, there isn't enough market for it.

Every now and then this topic crops up, and 99% of people who rpely to those threads dismiss the idea.

No, there isn't enough market for it.

Every now and then this topic crops up, and 99% of people who rpely to those threads dismiss the idea.

So far it's only you and one more,that's not even remotely close to 99% actually.

I for one would be up for being able to normally create and manage your own team without having to get in the editor. For anything else though,not so much,although I wouldn't mind being able to donate a few cash to the club I manage.

So far it's only you and one more,that's not even remotely close to 99% actually.

I for one would be up for being able to normally create and manage your own team without having to get in the editor. For anything else though,not so much,although I wouldn't mind being able to donate a few cash to the club I manage.

Well the first two replies take issue with the idea, and I'm not one of the first two users to reply. It seems you can't read or count.

Well the first two replies take issue with the idea, and I'm not one of the first two users to reply. It seems you can't read or count.

Not really,more like you can't distinct "I don't mind,wouldn't affect me" or "Can't see any reason behind it" from "I don't want".

So it seems it's you who can't read. Or to be more precise,it's you who reads whatever suits your own arguments.

The first and second reply don't say they don't "want" it,like you do. The second does to a lesser degree,but not absolute there either. They say why it wouldn't be a probable idea.

So let me guess,you are one of those guys whose opinion is the absolute truth in the whole universe and noone shall defy it? Ye,I guess that would make sense. That's why I can't read or count as well,because I don't think like you do.

The problem however is that to create these additional modes SI will have to divert scarce financial & staff recourse to developing & testing a new feature

I think this comment sums up the general feeling. There are far more important changes that SI could/should concentrate on, including tweaking current features so they work better before they implement what would only be a novelty feature that a small number of people would use for a short amount of time.

There just isn't enough to do in FM as owner of a club. It would be less involving than international management!

And I do not disagree with that,there are a lot of things that need sorting right now. Injuries,woodworks (debateable),etc,etc. So yes,current features tweaking is important,but new features is not always a bad thing. For how long have we all been waiting for the add/remove league feature?

As for being owner of a club. Personally I think that the OP means being owner and manager of the same club,something like LLM only with your own team. Only with a more legit way other than the editor. At least that's what I got. If it was about just having a club on your information,then yes,I would agree that would be close to pointless.

I shall cast the first stone. :)

I understand the point you're making about owner/director modes being in addition to the core element of being a football manager & that when playing the game the option to be an owner will have no impact on players who are not interested in such an idea.

The problem however is that to create these additional modes SI will have to divert scarce financial & staff recourse to developing & testing a new feature that on the whole is apparently not wanted by the majority & is certainly not something that they [sI] are interested in either.

Good throw ;)

Oh... WHS

Archived