Over age greed!

I have a fair number of over-30, journeymen, players that it would suit me to renew their contracts a year, maybe two. Don't normally have a lot of trouble doing this but it's gone mad right now. Most are looking to double their salaries. Some "Aren't really interested and want me to make a fantastic offer. Jesus!!! Greedy ba****ds!

I was expecting most of them to take a pay cut, or at the very most take a 10/20% increase.

Looks like goodbye to the oldies & bring on the promising youngsters.

My bet is that when these old farts'contracts expire they will be lucky to get re-signed by another club at similar wages. In fact I will follow their progress with interest.

Anyone else notice this?

Many of these players will be more reasonable to deal with, if you leave it to a couple of weeks or days before their contracts run out before offering talks again. In the first talks you have with them (ie at least 6 months earlier), you should laugh in their faces (press the "walk away" button). Many of them will come to their senses when they discover that no-one else is interrested in their wage and contract demands.

I hear about people that have difficulties when negotiating with the likes of Messi, even, managing Barca. He starts talks with outrageous wage demands, and only lower them to within reason (well..) once it's close to his contract end.

yea that happens, i tried to pick up a few players (strurridge, tevez) as thier contracts expired, they both wanted insane cash. as they sat in the unemployed list. tevez signed for santos for a measly 10k/w (i offered like 80k/w) and sturridge to swansea, it appears to be the same for all age groups, my top earner clause was activated by someone on an average wage, (rodwell) because assman gave him an 84k/w contract, that is over double.

yea that happens, i tried to pick up a few players (strurridge, tevez) as thier contracts expired, they both wanted insane cash. as they sat in the unemployed list. tevez signed for santos for a measly 10k/w (i offered like 80k/w) and sturridge to swansea, it appears to be the same for all age groups

You're right, but it's already incredibly easy to out-manoeuvre the AI in the free-transfer market. I would love to see this fixed some day, but only if the AI is competing for the players properly. Otherwise it'd become a turkey-shoot.

Archived