What league?

Due to the fact that I was enjoying FM11 so much I am only just getting FM12. I usually play with a premier league club but have decided this year to do something abit different.

I want to take on a team from a lesser league and develope them into the worlds best, looking for a European league that doesn't have work permits and has little to no rules on foreign players.

What league should I try?

Germany has no work permit rules iirc. Spain is fairly good too, there's a thread in the Good Player & Team Guide Forum which talks about the rules in Spain regarding the signings or purchasing of foreign players. Also have a look in this thread, because in the first post there are many links to Team Threads which may be worth a read to give you an interest in some sides :thup:.

Belgium is relaxed on foreign players, although you must have atleast 6 homegrown players in your matchday squad of 18 in domestic matches (On FM2011 that was the rule anyway).

Thanks guys will check out Serbia and Poland. Wales or Ireland could be an option. Really fancy taking over a team in a poorly ranked league with no big clubs (ie even Belguim has Anderlect etc). Do they have work permits in Wales & Ireland and squad registration?

I highly suggest Sweden if you want to start on a lower league. It's highly challenging.

Sweden has pretty big restrictions on non-Swedes though so I wouldn't recommend it in this case.

I agree otherwise - had a good few years there in FM 2011.

Thanks guys will check out Serbia and Poland. Wales or Ireland could be an option. Really fancy taking over a team in a poorly ranked league with no big clubs (ie even Belguim has Anderlect etc). Do they have work permits in Wales & Ireland and squad registration?

They have work permits as the same rules appply for all UK and Ireland countries. Don't know about squad registration unfortunately. When I play in a lesser nation I actually prefer there to be more rules on national players, to get a feeling for the country going. If I have time this year I would like to go for a Belarus save, no foreigners allowed in the second tier and 4-5 (dont remember exactly) in the top flight.

Archived