Just a little idea...

I've been reading in the English media today that if Chelsea want Jose Mourinho to return, he's going to demand £12m per year plus he wants them to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

This got me thinking, in my save I am currently Blackburn in 2017, I have a striker which is scoring 50+ goals a season, Manchester City keep offering me the job but I wish I could say, "I'll only sign the contract if you ensure I can bring my star striker with me"

While I like the general idea, how should that be achieved in the game?

You'll have a budget and especially for a club like Man City this should be large enough to be able to pay for the fee of any single player.

However, also irl the player and his current club do have a say in that and may demand whatever or simply refuse to agree any deal. That's true even more, should JM actually get a clause like that. Real could ask for gazillions. Therefore I strongly doubt that this would work and be in his contract irl, so I can't see that as a reasonable option in the game either.

The idea is good but as mentioned above could never really be part of a contract. Perhaps when negiotating with a new club you could ask the board to sign player x and/or y in a similar way to the current 'board interaction' option when negotiating transfers.

I would also like to be able to include certain staff members in my contract negotiations. I think been able to bring in your own backroom staff in a more formal way would add a realistic element to job talks.

The idea is good but as mentioned above could never really be part of a contract. Perhaps when negiotating with a new club you could ask the board to sign player x and/or y in a similar way to the current 'board interaction' option when negotiating transfers.

I would also like to be able to include certain staff members in my contract negotiations. I think been able to bring in your own backroom staff in a more formal way would add a realistic element to job talks.

Bringing staff with you is a quality idea, most managers IRL have backroom staff who go everywhere with them, can imagine if Harry Redknap ever went to Engalnd Joe Jordan etc would go with him.

great idea :thup:

I think this is more Mourinho saying "I havent forgotten what you did to me last time I was there so heres some hoops to jump through". Honestly, the idea seems messy. I can see your current club getting majorly annoyed at you for first of all saying you want to leave and secondly from trying to strip the team of one of its best players. Cant see any board agreeing to it.

I think this is more Mourinho saying "I havent forgotten what you did to me last time I was there so heres some hoops to jump through". Honestly, the idea seems messy. I can see your current club getting majorly annoyed at you for first of all saying you want to leave and secondly from trying to strip the team of one of its best players. Cant see any board agreeing to it.

The board completelu wipe their hands of you once you leave anyway so what does it matter if they get 'majorly annoyed' and a board will agree aslong as they're getting a good amount from your new team for that player, i think you seem to be forgetting that football is all about money

here is the thing, ronaldo wont go to chelsea so that offer is void

Ronaldo will go to the highest bidder, if you think he'd turn down more money for loyalty to United you're very naive, I'm a United fan myself and i know he'd go where the money is, no such thing as loyalty in football.

While I like the general idea, how should that be achieved in the game?

You'll have a budget and especially for a club like Man City this should be large enough to be able to pay for the fee of any single player.

However, also irl the player and his current club do have a say in that and may demand whatever or simply refuse to agree any deal. That's true even more, should JM actually get a clause like that. Real could ask for gazillions. Therefore I strongly doubt that this would work and be in his contract irl, so I can't see that as a reasonable option in the game either.

Hang on:

1) the star striker may not want to go with you

2) the star striker is already under a contract for your current club so the new club absolutely would not be able to promise that as they do not have 100% control of that happening

If i'm moving to a bigger club, offering them more money and im favoured personell they should want to come with me, if the player rejects but my new club tried everything they could then that would be them fulfilling their side of the bargain imo

Archived