Insane transfer budget

In my longterm game I landed a job at barcelona (after having managed Ajax, Liverpool, Inter, Real Sociedad, Almeria, Athletic Bilbao)

To my amazement I was given a transfer budget of £600m (no, there's not a 0 too many there..)

My problem with this is that

1. Surely no one should EVER get such a big budget.. specially when my bank balance was "only" £400m.

2. Just for fun I bought a faroese crap player for £170m + £170m over 48 months so £340m total. Not a single reaction from anywhere.. First, this transfer should have been stopped by the club's board. But if the transfer would be accepted I'd expect a HUGE reaction from fans, investors, media etc.. bot no, nothing happened.. just another transfer apparantly.. :(

3. I bought the player from Havnar Bóltfelag and a few seasons later and they still havent used any money on facilities, staff or players (other than a few mediocre africans)

I then took over Havnar Bóltfelag and I could easily upgrade just about everything and quickly signed 10-12 5-star players to the squad.. but why didnt the AI do this?? - this really really needs work to make long-term games more fun.

That is a crazy situatono, but i can say if a team gets money from a tranfer they will use it. I saw Tottenham sell bale at the end of the first season to city, cant remember how much for but then they bought in 7 world class players, I was amazed at just who was going to Tottenham as it was big transfer after big transfer.

Alas - the crazy game has no economics built into it whatsoever.

With 600m I could have signed every single top player in the world to my squad using the 48 month deal option and no cash up front.

There's loads wrong with the Board when you sign players. On a transfer budget of €70m I can spend €300m using the 48 month option.

Board never stops me. The fans don't react. I don't get any news talk about it - except in transfer window roundup with a line about spending €300m.

The Board has never stopped me signing anyone for any amount of cash!

The transfer and board and fans and news all have to tie in better.

Some clubs and boards should be very strict. I can take over at Arsenal and spend €250m in the first transfer window and nobody bats an eyelid.

That's the same in my save game. Mostly because Barcelona doesn't need to buy major players for several years.

I just thought R. Madrid and Barcelona got insane budgets after a few years due to their ridiculous high TV-deals.

That doesn't fix the problem - that just ignores it.

It needs to be fixed. It's been needing a fix for years.

I didn't say that not spending the money is a "fix". I was just replying to Mr_Whippy who said he would stop playing when if he had those figures.

I know it is unrealistic.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have recently decided to quit my current saved game and start over fresh again from scratch, and for some reason because i have restarted my game that FM have decided to automatically update me with their new game patch. I have noticed that when i pick a team to manage for example, Everton, Norwich etc have got a starting transfer budget of £0 which i find extremely odd. I was prepared to continue with having no starting transfer budget as i thought it had been updated for a reason to make it abit more harder for players, but then i noticed that when you pick your season expectations at the start, that it don't matter what i achieved wherever it would be to Qualify for champions league or win the premier league that i never got any money for it and i always had £0 transfer budget no matter what i achieved.

Can anybody please tell me if the game is supposed to be like this or if there is a solution for this?

Thanks

Andrew

When you are setting the game up, on the screen where you choose the leagues available there is a tick box option saying something like "allow first window transfers".

Sounds like you have left his unticked, means that until the second transfer window(Jan 2012 in England/Most of Europe) no team will have a transfer budget. You can still sign freebies/loans though.

I've slowly built my budget at Arsenal up to around 400-450 million. I also have a 3 million a week or so wage budget, of which I use around a million. So I could push it far higher.

Maybe the AI has just done the same at Barca, after years of sensible play?

fake edit: It started as £449 million (and 3.8 mil wages) but could be stretched to 591 million if I brought my wage budget down to £1.06 million a week, 40k a week above my current wage total of £1.02 million. On the other hand I could have £370 mil transfers and £5.3 mil a week for wages.

I'm saving it until I can build a new stadium in around 5 years time though. 60k isn't big enough for me. I want a 100k+ seater, paid for in cash! I can't see it costing more than around 250 mil on top of what I get selling my old stadium. Less than half of our balance!

I have £518 million in the bank. I've paid some pretty hefty dividends over my 10 years as manager though, but brought in 250million net profit from transfers.

Archived