Who is your captain and why?

Akin to the 'who is your number 5' thread and as a change to threads about the update, who is your captain, and why did you select him in particular? Why is he the best man for the job?

Mine at Elgin City is Craig Gunn. Gave him the captaincy after 2 seasons when the previous one left because:

- he'd played almost 150 games for the club by then, and is now homing in on 200

- he's been my top scorer each season

- he's among the club's favoured personnel

- in the Scottish lower leagues there is a lot of season-to-season upheaval, but his goalscoring makes him a constant

- he's also one of the elder statesmen in a young team at 26 years old

His 'influence' attribute is only 8, but the above reasons made him an obvious choice. Who is yours and why? Do you place more importance on the influence stat?

I've just started my Chelsea save and i've decided to strip JT.

Didnt go down a treat, but I'm looking to build a younger team, kinda what AVB was trying to do. But me without JT.

I've chose Jose Bosingwa, lightning pace, excellent RB, great tackling, marking ect.. Great crosser. Obvious choice IMO.

I've just started my Chelsea save and i've decided to strip JT.

Didnt go down a treat, but I'm looking to build a younger team, kinda what AVB was trying to do. But me without JT.

I've chose Jose Bosingwa, lightning pace, excellent RB, great tackling, marking ect.. Great crosser. Obvious choice IMO.

Never in a million years would i have picked Jose Bosingwa for chelsea captian.. poor RB IMO (IRL of course)

Affelay at Newcastle as he has an okay personality, is a key player on the pitch and has good attributes for influence and determination.

I got Samba recently who I believe would probably be an even better captain, but I didn't want to replace the well respected Affelay with a new signing, though I might do that next season.

I always keep the man who already is in the position. If he goes, I then pick the player with the highest "influence" rating & that is an automatic 1st. teamer.

My current captain is a full-back who has a model professional personality with good Influence and Determination attributes. So it's a no-brainer.

My vice-captain is an experienced centre-back who has better Influence and Determination, but my captain is a model professional, and the only one I've ever had, so it makes him very special indeed.

My captain at the moment is Grant McCann, haven't bothered changing it since I started the game and will continue using him until he retires or I sell him on. Great influence and my team have always done well when he's played.

My vice is a 21 year old defender, who will become ridiculous when he's a bit older.

1. Regular starter and be at the club for 3 or more years

2. High attributes in influence, determination, teamwork, work rate and bravery.

3. Favourite of several players and staff

4. Personality - in traits such as professional or determined or leader etc.

= Captain

Archived