New PC -> new steam confirmation is not possible. Steam do not reply

I just got a new PC and installed steam. Steam sees I'm logging on from a new PC and tells me they'll send me an e-mail with a confirmation login. The problem is I don't receive any e-mail even though I have tried to login several times. First time was 7 hours ago.

I then decided to contact Steam but I needed a new account (different from the game account). But to make such an account for contacting steam they would send me an e-mail to confirm. But as you may have figured out I haven't recieved any e-mail from steam so I can't get in touch with them...

So, SI, would you please help me out here?

PS. I have checked that e-mails are not in spam/junk filter and I do recieve e-mails on the mail-account I have attached to steam.

I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to wait for Steam to get in touch with you as I don't think there's a lot we can do in this instance - you could try posting on their forums and seeing if they can find another way to contact you?

Worst case - SEGA's customer services might be able to help you out a little here so if you can't find a way to reach Steam, they may be of assistance.

Cheers and sorry for your hassle.

Matt

Thanks for reply.

Well, the problem is I can't post on the forums as I need a seperate account for that. And to get that seperate account I need a conformation e-mail. But as I haven't received any e-mails from Steam there is no way I can contact them...

I'll try SEGA customer service.

Well, as I have written before it's not possible for me to contact steam due to the problem I do not receive mails from steam. And I do need a confirmation mail for making a steam support account...

I've been looking around the web and I am not the only one having experienced this. Several others claim to have been forced to make a whole new steam account and buy games all over - they have waited several days but didn't get any contact from steam whatsoever... This only because steam fail miserably in that they do not send out mails from steam guard. Steam guard being the function that should ensure that your account wouldn't be hacked...

Another option, set up a free email address (such as @live.co.uk emails) for steam support, be prepared with CD Keys to hand for your games, and contact steam through that email address, they were able to resolve an issue that way for me.

• 9 months later...

Archived