How many more FM's before corners are sorted?

How is that an exploit? That's just a real life tactic.

I believe it is something like set one player to attack the near post, one to challenge the keeper, one to come short, two to stay back and the rest to lurk outside the area. Corner played into the near post and the player on the near post should bag lots of goals.

even if you set multipel players to lurk only one of them will lurk, the rest will act as if they had go forward instructions

to be honest I think the main problem is that you can constantly aim for a specific player (the best suited one you have), I mean I normaly score about 17 of my 75ish league goals from corners while playing with a resonably good team (Athletic a few years into the game).....this honestly dont sound to unrealistic IMO, but its often only one or two of my players that score all those corner goals which dont seam quite right :p

the ability to pick a specific corner aim probably have to go if SI really want to sort it out since there will always be ways to exploit the current system otherwise, no mather if the gap is at far post, near post or for a long shoot set up

all that have happend over recent versions of the game is that the most effective gap to exploit have moved around to different locations in and around the box

I would personally prefer it if set piece intructions were removed completely - eliminates the exploit that has been present in various forms for the last 4 FMs, and a portion the game that is very "gamey" (i.e. what works best this patch)

Yeah this has been a huge exploit in the previous 4 versions of FM iirc. Needs to be sorted tbh.
far post and long shot was much more effective on fm10, its only on the two most recent fm's that near post have been more effective

The main problem with corners is the accuracy of the delivery, how many times when watching real football do you see the ball not get past the 1st man or get scuffed/shanked way off target? Now try to remember how many times you see this in FM.

In fairness to SI corners have been an acknowledged weakness in the ME & I have full confidence that in any new engine things will improve.

Actually you can set every player to lurk. What you need to do is make sure that no players are set to lurk, then you set one player to lurk, then untick the box so he returns to default instructions, then repeat this for every player that you want to lurk. Then after you've done that you go back through and tick them all again to make them follow the instructions you gave them, every player that you told to lurk will now be on lurk.
only one of them will act as if they had been told to lurk in the ME regardless of the amount of players you have told to lurk on the player instructions (there's a display glitch that let you set more then one players to lurk, but in essence this is still only a minor glitch since it cant be exploited in the ME)

far post and long shot was much more effective on fm10, its only on the two most recent fm's that near post have been more effective
FM2008 was the worst for this kind of problem I think. Had Andy Booth scoring shed loads all from corners. Was a beast at heading.

What you try to achieve with the corner exploit is to draw as many players as you can away from your man at the first post. This is efficient because in FM only two players are actually reacting at a time - one of yours and one of theirs. The corner kick is evidently identified as a pass, and Silva, having high Anticipation and being quick, is first to the ball every time unless he is marked by a player who is even quicker to react. The player who marks him is of course random every corner so the chances of a goal are rather high. Two things must be done to fix this issue:

A. Specific man marking on defensive set pieces.

B. All 11 players on the pitch needs to be completely aware of where the ball is and where it is going at all times.

In real life, players aren't psychics, so in such a tight space as in the 6-yard box all the attackers are trying to come first to the ball at once, while the defenders either holds them off using their bodies or gets ready to jump for the ball. In FM it is a common sight to see several players standing with their backs to the ball while the two "active" players go into a challenge. Team defending is therefore a crucial step for the new ME. SI's programmers should relish the challenge of taking the AI of FM's football simulations into the space age!

Archived