Internet Connection

I've never found Steam's offline mode to be that reliable. The only surefire way in my experience to get it to work in offline mode is to logon to Steam normally then set it to offline before you lose your internet connection. I've found it to be very haphazard at automatcially setting it's self to offline when your internet has gone down.

Often hear people have problems with steam, never had a problem myself though. When I'm online it logs in and plays, when I'm offline it attempts to login in, realises I'm not connected, asks me if I want to play in offline mode and then starts.

Often hear people have problems with steam, never had a problem myself though. When I'm online it logs in and plays, when I'm offline it attempts to login in, realises I'm not connected, asks me if I want to play in offline mode and then starts.

this is how it works for me as well. i lost my phone line for a couple of weeks, a few months back due to a problem at the Exchange. still managed to play all my Steam games.

I've never found Steam's offline mode to be that reliable. The only surefire way in my experience to get it to work in offline mode is to logon to Steam normally then set it to offline before you lose your internet connection. I've found it to be very haphazard at automatcially setting it's self to offline when your internet has gone down.

how do you set steam to offline mode?

how do you set steam to offline mode?

Archived