Macbook Air & FM12 - Is it normal for the fan to really kick in when playnig a match??

I just got a new Macbook Air 11" w/ 256 SSD etc.

Just started a new game of FM12 after getting it installed on it and for the most part it runs great and is smooth.

Sadly I only have a 2.5* System 3D Rating for match cameras. My main question is - does anyone else with a Macbook Air notice their fan really start to get noisy when watching/playing a match?

My Macbook is silent for the most part when playing but whenever I play a match the fan gets noisy and the bottom really starts to heat up. I suppose this is normal when doing some intense gaming but FM12 isn't supposed to be that "intense" :) on the machine I thought? Once the game is over the fan seems to slow down and everything gets nice and silent again.

Even tried turning off the 3D Match Cameras and playing in the basic 2D overhead style but still as soon as the game starts the fan really starts to kick in.

Is this completely normal or should I be getting concerned of overheating or looking at returning this Air?

During the match both processor and graphic chip is put to considerable work. That generates heat. The fan in your laptop should speed up to take care of all that heat. All is as it should be. You should be concerned if you didn't hear the fan speeding up under these conditions, really. If you're worried, download software to monitor your cpu and gpu temperatures. I can't link to any good Mac software, as I only know about Windows software.

Archived