Van Persie for update

I'm sure I'll be told to post in the data thread. But wanted to get some evidence lol. If you're a few years in your game can you check on this guy and let me know how he's doing?

He's a proven prolific goalscorer. I'm not interested in people's personal opinion on him, good or bad. Just want to know how he fairs in your game. After that I'll post in the Data thread and link to here.

This is how he did in my game.

vp.PNG

High injury proneness and low natural fitness mean Van Persie gets injured every other match and has virtually no chance of avoiding a long-term injury over the course of a season. When I played Arsenal on FM11, I recall every match being a question of when, not if, that knock icon would pop up next to his name.

Add in the resulting CA loss and he's nearly always useless by 2014.

I still use him in my latest save, I'm now in november 2017, with Arsenal. He has still got excellent stats to play in a central striker, trequartista role. He still provides goals, and regularly provides devastating thru-balls for my inside forwards. His physical stats are down of course, but they are not that important the way I play him.

Neither has he been too much hampered with injury, really. Less than expected. I will probably let him go at the end of the season though. Contract runs out, and I have a couple of younger players that looks like they could do the job. But really, the only players as good or BETTER than RVP, the way I play him, would be someone like Messi, or Agüero. And newgens fit to play as a striker trequartista or complete forwards on the highest level, are sadly lacking in the game.

Horse placenta ftw. I am personally of the opinion that van Persie should be the first player ever on FM to have a CA greater than 200. Dude's a ****ing boss.

Nah one good goal scoring season doesn't make you all that. Do it over time then he's the boss. Until then hes just a good player having a good season.

its just one season. he didnt score much the seasons before, did he?

so the game is right.

2004-2005 41 games 10 goals

2005-2006 38 games 11 goals

2006-2007 31 games 13 goals

2007-2008 23 games 9 goals

2008-2009 44 games 20 goals

2009-2010 20 games 10 goals

2010-2011 33 games 22 goals

2011-2012 36 games 33 goals

Arsenal total 268 games and 126 goals

Career Total of 346 games and 148 goals.

I know he's had injuries but until last season he wasn't scoring many compared to the games he was playing.

IRL - Premiership only

2011/2012

26 Games 25 Goals

2010/2011

19 Games 18 Goals

2009/10

14 Games 9 Goals

2008/2009

24 Games 11 Goals

2007/08

13 Games 7 Goals

2006/07

17 Games 11 Goals

2005/06

13 Games 5 Goals

126 Games - 86 Goals

= 1.5 goals a game

To date he has

183 League Appearances 91 goals = goal every 2 games

31 Cup games 16 Goals = goal every 2 games

Europe - 54 games 19 goals = Goal every 3 games

Total

268 games 126 goals

Goal every 2 games at least.

And don't forget - he's only recently gone into striker position.

He was left winger and second striker for years.

I just don't think he's reflected very well in the game of lately.

If not for this year - then certainly for FM13.

IRL - Premiership only

2011/2012

26 Games 25 Goals

2010/2011

19 Games 18 Goals

2009/10

14 Games 9 Goals

2008/2009

24 Games 11 Goals

2007/08

13 Games 7 Goals

2006/07

17 Games 11 Goals

2005/06

13 Games 5 Goals

126 Games - 86 Goals

= 1.5 goals a game

Where did you get them as there incorrect.

2004/5 26 Prem games 5 goals

2005/6 24 Prem games 5 goals

2006/7 22 Prem games 11 goals

2007/8 15 Prem games 7 goals

2008/9 28 Prem games 11 goals

2009/10 16 Prem games 9 goals

2010/11 25 Prem games 18 goals

Current season in Prem 27 games 25 goals

Not quite sure where you got your stats from but there not correct either way.

To date he has

183 League Appearances 91 goals = goal every 2 games

31 Cup games 16 Goals = goal every 2 games

Europe - 54 games 19 goals = Goal every 3 games

Total

268 games 126 goals

Goal every 2 games at least.

I updated my countings already - calm down, I haven't had my coffee this morning.

And before anyone starts - it's a goal every 0.47 games - not every 2 games - I know I rounded up.

Anyway - what has happened in real life is not being reflected in a lot of people's saved games.

But that's not factually correct when taking into account games played and goals scored though is it? As you're not factoring the sub apperances, so automatically your stats above are void as there not correct.

I know - relax. I made an error. Jeez.

Check out the one I updated. see post #26

I know - relax. I made an error. Jeez.

Check out the one I updated. see post #26

Well you was putting an argument across and providing incorrect stats which massivley tipped it in your favour. Of course I'm going to point out how wrong you are for 'fairness'.

Forget the fact I can't count this morning :p

Right - do you think the game stats currently reflects his stats to date?

I don't. Just thought it was weird. Thought I'd say it.

What don't you agree with? Which attributes are wrong?

As for actual game stats I've seen loads of people use him and have more success than he is IRL currently. Maybe he's overated and needs a nerf:D

Thing is man, up till the last 18 months as you say he wasnt playing as a striker, only recently has he been put there, as you should well know his current FM stats are based on last season, last season he was only starting to hit good form again. I would imagine he will get looked at for next year, if he keeps up his form and avoids another injury. But if you manage him from what i have read in the good player guide its very easy to get him to bang goals in for fun, even if the AI cannot get it quite right.

As for actual game stats I've seen loads of people use him and have more success than he is IRL currently. Maybe he's overated and needs a nerf:D

I made a few minor changes in my database. But for me the one that stands out is his decisons. In game its 11. I think that is too low.

RVP don't need to be "looked at" ... not to make him any better than he is now, anyway. He is only surpassed by Messi as a striker/playmaker (trequartista if you will) in the game now. Rotated with a backup enough, he's not even getting injured too much. In my game he has been priceless, bagging in goals and assists galore. In my game, his lowest number of starts in a season is 30 (2011/12 to 2016/17), and lowest goals in a season 19 - but on average quite a bit better than both. He won't be easy to replace. (Since there's no chance to get Messi, and Agüero is too expensive ... and both are getting on a bit themselves). I have Fierro alternating with RVP now (managed to train him well into a trequartista), and I also have trained Ramsey to do a decent job in that position/role, as an alternative. Neymar would probably be a good alternative, but I don't dare to buy him - he's too volatile and don't seem to adapt well outside of Brazil.

What about the people that use him? Is the game just neglecting him for some reason then?

I don't use him I only signed him for Perugia at the age of 34. I checked his stats and he's barely played.

So is the game messing up here by not selecting him? A few others have had similar stats.

I'm going to go back through my older saves and see what happened to him - see if there's a pattern to the game not selecting him.

This is just one person though - so it could be a game wide issue with lots of players - I don't know.

Well you was putting an argument across and providing incorrect stats which massivley tipped it in your favour. Of course I'm going to point out how wrong you are for 'fairness'.

Hold a minute. You're making it sound like I purposefully gave the wrong stats to tip it in my favour. That is not what I was doing. I simply got the stats which I thought were correct. I provided my source when asked, and then I retracted my stats on that data because I saw it was flawed.

Don't think I was trying to put bad stats across. This is the internet, I can't pull the wool over every users eyes, nor would I try. :p

RvP's injury proneness should be reduced.

He has just scored 5 in one game on mine at the start of the second season, and although he didn't get over 20 league goals in the first season, I've always found him to be a nightmare to play against in all previous versions of CM/FM.

It has to be said that this season is the first time I've seen Arsenal (in real life, the lines blur :rolleyes:) play to his strengths as the main striker (as Blackburn did with Shearer back in the day).

It's not like he's been wrapped in cotton wool though, he has played near enough every game.

Does anyone know his injury prone stat offhand?

I think it may be a little different in every savegame, unless it's hard coded? In mine it's 16 now, at 34 years of age.

Should've advised for a spoiler tag there, sorry.

FM should reflect a player's stats based on their form in the previous season, so I am not saying this should have been changed, but that it should be reduced for FM 2013, and by reduced I don't mean to 1, but certainly less than his current stat.

Not sure what that means - I'm entitled to start a topic on anything game related that I choose - if you don't have a comment on the topic then don't reply...

Again - I just found it strange when I signed him at 34 years of age and thought it was odd he hadn't played more and scored more. He's clearly one of the best strikers on the planet at this moment in time and it's not reflected in the game.

I play the game. I brought it up to see if others had the same results - and apparently they did.

So I'm going to bring it up in the Data Issues that I said I would in my very opening post.

Archived