How do I minimise long shots?

I'm getting extremely annoyed at the propensity of my players to take long range shots. I have set every player to 'rarely', have tempo at 'slow' and have allowed players to have creative freedom. In addition, none of my players have 'shoots from distance' as a PPM. My most recent match ended in a 2-1 win, but of my 19 shots only 7 were inside the box. Why is the game refusing to heed my tactics? I don't want my players to ever take long range shots! Is there any way to achieve this? The computer doesn't seem to have this problem.

And try reducing creative freedom.
Wow. Just, wow. On another thread I said that I didn't allow creative freedom and the response was 'well, you need to increase it otherwise they will panic'. So, I went and increase creative freedom and I'm now being told this.

Wow. Just, wow. On another thread I said that I didn't allow creative freedom and the response was 'well, you need to increase it otherwise they will panic'. So, I went and increase creative freedom and I'm now being told this.

Not everyone knows the 'ins and outs' of the match engine though do they? Some people are obviously right while others are wrong.

Don't listen to n00bs :D. When on the ball composure would be what makes a player panic.

Have you used the analysis tab to see why you're having long shots?

Don't listen to n00bs :D. When on the ball composure would be what makes a player panic.Have you used the analysis tab to see why you're having long shots?
There isn't one offender though, there are a few. I'm close to just stopping, it's that bad of a problem. I don't want my players to ever shot from distance. Ever! I have tried reducing creative freedom before, but nothing changed.

There isn't one offender though, there are a few. I'm close to just stopping, it's that bad of a problem. I don't want my players to ever shot from distance. Ever! I have tried reducing creative freedom before, but nothing changed.

Then its a clear issue of you not having better placed players to pass to imo. Use the analysis tab to view the long shots back and pause it and look around at the players options.

Then its a clear issue of you not having better placed players to pass to imo. Use the analysis tab to view the long shots back and pause it and look around at the players options.
My players are taking shots from 35+ yards. I always have 3 players upfront, so there are always options. In the event that there are no options, why don't they reset the play? It's just ridiculous.

My players are taking shots from 35+ yards. I always have 3 players upfront, so there are always options. In the event that there are no options, why don't they reset the play? It's just ridiculous.

Yes but if the players are marked and unable to be passed to then the player will shoot. It's clearly an issue with you and the system you are using, you can't blame SI for your own failings and mistakes.

Yes but if the players are marked and unable to be passed to then the player will shoot. It's clearly an issue with you and the system you are using, you can't blame SI for your own failings and mistakes.

What, every single player is marked? No, they're not. I have tried 10+ different tactics and I can't seem to get more than 7 shots on target consistently. From searching, it would appear that I'm not the only person.

Oh, and when I do get shots on target, this happens:

2IIix.jpg

What, every single player is marked? No, they're not. I have tried 10+ different tactics and I can't seem to get more than 7 shots on target consistently. From searching, it would appear that I'm not the only person.

Why do you fail to acknowedge its an issue with you? You've asked for help and I've given you steps to correct the issue. Use the analysis tab and watch the clips back and you'll notice a pattern.

Do you not realise it happens all the time no matter what tactic you use because you don't understand what you are doing?

You can reduce long shots by doing as mentioned above: Increase options by altering your tactics so that players almost always have options in the final third.

One thing to try is to reduce your mentality so that players will see "resetting" as a legitimate option.

On the other hand you're absolutely correct: There is no way to issue the command "No long shots" to your players, which is irritating. It's a limitation of the ME and tactics input and hopefully will be improved in future versions of FM.

Why do you fail to acknowedge its an issue with you? You've asked for help and I've given you steps to correct the issue. Use the analysis tab and watch the clips back and you'll notice a pattern.

Do you not realise it happens all the time no matter what tactic you use because you don't understand what you are doing?

Do you not understand that by different tactics, I'm referring to their style of play? I have tried every style without any positive change. I have used the analysis tab, I have watched clips back, but it hasn't helped.

It's clear what side you fall on anyway, so you can close this thread.

Do you not understand that by different tactics, I'm referring to their style of play? I have tried every style without any positive change. I have used the analysis tab, I have watched clips back, but it hasn't helped.

It's clear what side you fall on anyway, so you can close this thread.

Its still an issue with you.

But I'll close the thread as requested.

Archived