Sigames, How is your scouting data compiled?

Hello,

I am finding the database to be overall a very accurate description of player skills & know of the fact that some clubs use it as a tool for scouting.(i.e Everton 2008)

Can you tell us a little more about how that data is compiled? I hear you have scouts in many countries but how do they go about calculating the attributes; I am sure you have references to make sure their work is as objective as possible? Do you rely on training statistics , match statistics, or other types of observation? Discussing with the players for mental/psychological attributes? Back to the Everton example, I know of many online pro & free databases that provide in match analysis for scouting, relying on figures such as ratios of success./failed passes & others but them relying on your database instead shows there must be some more accuracy to it, direct contact with the player that these online match-analysis tools cannot provide?

Would be great to know more about your methods,

A fan of your game,

Gcourtois

Other than knowing that the researchers are volunteers & in the case of English clubs tend to be fans who are season ticket holders we do not know how the data is compiled, can't be letting the opposition know the secrets .

Archived