Football Manager 2008

I am fairly sure that FM 08 did not use steam so you will have to patch manually. Use Google for data updates as they are usually available on the unofficial FM websites.

oh right it must of been 09 when steam was used by SI, ill have a look on some other sites for an update

Yeah FM 08 isn't on Steam, you'll have to find updates yourself though a quick Google for 'FM 2008 patch' should find it, the last one for it was version 8.0.2 IIRC.

As for stat updates, there are some floating about online but how up to date they are I'm not too sure to be honest, your best bet for finding updates is always the Editor's Hideaway on here anyway.

I've just re-started my own FM08 update actually, its gonna be a lot of work as I'm starting from scratch with an empty player db, but I can guarantee a lot of detail and latest FM12 stats, just waiting for the FM12 update now before starting on it properly.

You can find the link to my update thread in Editor's Hideaway here:

community.sigames.com/showthread.php/298125-MorrisseyMuse-s-FM-2008-Update

Yeah FM 08 isn't on Steam, you'll have to find updates yourself though a quick Google for 'FM 2008 patch' should find it, the last one for it was version 8.0.2 IIRC.

As for stat updates, there are some floating about online but how up to date they are I'm not too sure to be honest, your best bet for finding updates is always the Editor's Hideaway on here anyway.

I've just re-started my own FM08 update actually, its gonna be a lot of work as I'm starting from scratch with an empty player db, but I can guarantee a lot of detail and latest FM12 stats, just waiting for the FM12 update now before starting on it properly.

You can find the link to my update thread in Editor's Hideaway here:

community.sigames.com/showthread.php/298125-MorrisseyMuse-s-FM-2008-Update

thanks muse, ill keep a an eye on your progress with that good luck with it, its ashame you cant change the start date to make the season start in 2012

im having problems ive installed the game and it wont let me open up the data editor ive downloaded 801 patch but it wont let me download the 802 when it comes to 29 a error comes up,

also ive downloaded a update pack done by some guy on fmbase but i cant get it to show up on the game ive put the file in the db folder help

im having problems ive installed the game and it wont let me open up the data editor ive downloaded 801 patch but it wont let me download the 802 when it comes to 29 a error comes up,

also ive downloaded a update pack done by some guy on fmbase but i cant get it to show up on the game ive put the file in the db folder help

The editor not loading and an update not showing in your game is probably because you're not running version 8.0.2, the updates have to be compatible with the game/editor version for them to be recognised by the game/editor and 99% of updates out there were made with version 8.0.2 I'd imagine.

I don't know why your patch crashes on install though I'm afraid, what does the message say? It could have been a corrupt file or download, my advice would be to just find another 8.0.2 patch on Google, the next one you find will probably work. :)

Archived