FM12 Unplayable after several seasons... any fixes?

Decided to do a Lower League, rags to riches type game.

Currently in the Championship with Borehamwood... I mention this only as a show of how many seasons have passed (as I don't recall exactly)

As such, the number of players in the database has grown... significantly... and it makes buying players, checking loans etc. impossible.

Currently I have 150,000 players in the database. I'm not sure if there are any fixes for this... I vaguely recall a program (this is many years ago) that cleared out unnecessary data and history etc. to improve game speed.

Is there a FM12 equivelent. Haven't managed to find it, although I don't know all the FM related sites.

Thank you!

I'm in year 2017. I have 9 countries loaded although only the top 2 leagues in each. I think I may have foolishly opted for large player database however.

Will removing the leagues help to remove the players?

It will not remove players but might make the game run quicker if you remove some leagues. I was asking if you added or removed any leagues because I started my game with 4 countries and added and removed a few over the season. By the time it was 2020 my database had 156,000 players and was running very slow.

I think the database is the problem- all those players are retained and have to be updated, so removing the leagues will only help a little.

Will removing leagues result in less newgens being created by the clubs in the countries you remove?

Seems a bit daft that after so few seasons the game becomes essentially unplayable. Why give people the option of so many players and leagues when... even with an insane spec PC... the game runs so so slowly

• Administrators

You'll need to make sure you don't have a large amount of players on your shortlist or in your national pool. Also you can remove report cards from players, that will increase speed slightly. Are you running a 64-bit OS? Have you added any custom graphics/logos etc?

I like to run FM with all leagues and players loaded (about 372,000 I think) ;)

Anyway the game does indeed process slowly as I expected but it gets to a point where I daren't click on players search. It would take 30 mins before uploading. :o

I'm now adding every League in the World via the editor so that should be interesting. :)

You'll need to make sure you don't have a large amount of players on your shortlist or in your national pool. Also you can remove report cards from players, that will increase speed slightly. Are you running a 64-bit OS? Have you added any custom graphics/logos etc?

I am running a 64bit OS as well as using custom graphics/logos. Is there any quick way to remove report cards from players? Over the seasons I have acquired a lot. I don't know the game well enough to understand the national pool thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Custom graphics and logos can slow the game down quite a bit in my experience.

Def agree, as well as using other skins than the original one (went back to the orginal black one for speed reasons).

I am now in 2023, and I think I'll erase some (most) player pics to speed up the game a bit.

Archived