Hero Achievements

Hey guys, just hit my 550hours of play time and I've been going for the "Hero" achievements recently.

Completed: English with Eastleigh

Spanish with Cadiz

Brazilian with Ipatinga

and Scottish with Alloa.

This leaves just the French and Italian to go!

Was just wondering if anyone's done these two already and can suggest the best team and any initial players I should be looking into buying? And just thought I'd initiate a discussion on these achievements and offer any help if anyone needs any!

Cheers guys!

You get it when you get the message that you've been promoted from the second division to the first and your board are happy etc. So you get the English one when you have secured 2nd spot in the Championship and you have got enough points to be promoted. You don't have to finish the season :)

• 1 month later...

I got Dorchester to the Premiership after 2 seasons in the championship, started the new season and all, but never got the achievment in steam , was none too pleased.

They hit me with, you were offline at the time and all the other excuses they could come up with, i even sent them a conversation i was having at the time.

Got the Scottish one with Elgin and i am currently on France with SAS Espinal.

• 5 months later...

I completed the English and Scottish hero challenges but didn't get the achievements! Properly pissed off now!!! I only made 15 and 12 saves in each challenge and didn't go on holiday during the season at all, but I did during the off season. Could that be why I didn't get them?

Funny to see that some people are actually aiming at getting some achievements. To me they are just marketing gimmicks designed to distract from the annoyances of having to go through Steam.

If I was a Steam marketing bloke I would probably even register on here and create threads like these to keep users chasing achievements. :halo:

I prefer to just play the game at whichever club I am, trying to win matches.

That said, if you guys enjoy achievement-hunting that's fair enough. Have fun :)

I've done all the hero achievements - but I couldn't tell you who I bought... I don't remember.

I usually do the hero achievements when the game is initially released, gives me a real flavour for the game and how it works. Then once they are all done I go to a career save. I'm too far into the future to recall who I've bought in the past to help with the hero situation.

Although - the one thing I do is:

Offer lots of free players Trials - sign the ones that have more ability/potential than your current squad.

Sell the current squad once you've adequately replaced them.

Funny to see that some people are actually aiming at getting some achievements. To me they are just marketing gimmicks designed to distract from the annoyances of having to go through Steam.

If I was a Steam marketing bloke I would probably even register on here and create threads like these to keep users chasing achievements. :halo:

I prefer to just play the game at whichever club I am, trying to win matches.

That said, if you guys enjoy achievement-hunting that's fair enough. Have fun :)

They're a way to learn the game and new leagues, and the rules within those leagues.

They don't take long to complete. I can usually do a season a day, and I usually go through straight promotions - sometimes I end up lingering in a division for another year.

I don't really do them for the achievement though - but it's a bonus.

I didn't go in with the intention of getting it, but got the 'Italian hero' with Venezia on FM12.

Also, see a lot of people have managed Ipatinga - absolutely loved my time there on FM09, challenging Cruzeiro & Mineiro in the State and National championships!

Archived