Shameless venting...

My star right winger/forward regen... top assists last season, top scorer this season...

And I dilly-dallied around too long over his contract, got on his agents bad books, and now he's about to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club :(

I feel like such an idiot!

It's nearly as bad as me with a regen who had immense attributes and was a first teamer at 16. I forgot as he was a youth that he had a £5 million clause and I lost him. Cost me £60 million to buy back the season after :(

This happened to me once with my top striker, he signed for Everton, he was a club legend at the time and the fans didn't like me after, even though it was ultimately his decision. I signed him back 6 years later when he was 34 and he scored 40 goals in his return season, more than he managed in his whole Everton career. :D Kept him as a coach when he retired, gutted I missed his prime though.

This happened with me with Jack Wilshere at Sunderland.

Basically - I signed another player and Jack had a clause to match highest earner. So he did.

Then a club offered his Min Fee Release Clause.

I couldn't get in to offer him a new contract. So off he went to Man City.

I refuse to sell to Man City in any of my saves lol - out of principle, they have enough money to buy players and leave me alone :)

Anyway - I reloaded the game. Still not able to offer him a contract. Hmmm - so I took over as Man City as a New Manager. And I cancelled the bid.

I then retired. But once again Man City offered for him. Hmmmmmm.... the club buying him, not the manager.

So I added a new manager again. This time I set him on holiday indefinitely.

He spent 2 years as Man City manager before getting the sack - 2 years on holiday. - Also linked to some high profile jobs too (and I wasn't somehow?)

Anyway - there's one way to stop it - take over that club and put the manager on permanent vacation :D

ok but it does come across as your pretty much pointing and laughing at him.
No need to laugh at him.

Unlucky mate. live and learn, as they say!

Sorry, i think i might go and change my sanitary towel now.

Trolololol.

Archived