Default FM 2011 patch CD-version

Hello,

I am looking to do some development around football manager as it is amongst my favourite games.

Luckily, community has developed a framework for development(http://code.google.com/p/scoutframeworkfm2009/) for fm 2011. : )

However, it only supports FM 2011 v 11.1 and 11.1.1 . Seeing this is not the last patch released to date for FM 2011, is there any way for me to choose what patches I want installed if I buy the cd version now or does it come boxed with the latest patch released by sigames and make it impossible for it to revert back to those two wanted versions?

Thank you for your help,

Gcourtois

Ok, great thanks. How do I not use steam? Simply buying the game as a CD is by default resorting to not using steam, or is it a choice I make during setup/installation? Furthermore, clearly I can install any patch I want but I have seen other threads discussing the fact that whilst you can use previous patches' database, other fixes made by the newer patches will be applied nonetheless. This would render the framework for developing obsolete.

Thanks for that information, but regarding the rest, any information? :

"Furthermore, clearly I can install any patch I want but I have seen other threads discussing the fact that whilst you can use previous patches' database, other fixes made by the newer patches will be applied nonetheless. This would render the framework for developing obsolete."

If you use the CD and activate with the code on the box, steam is not involved in any way so the game will start with the 11.0.0 version and database. Most of the patches involved only bug fixes with no changes to the database but you can choose when starting a new game which database to use. Check the patch changelist to see if there are major database changes.

Archived