Matchday Injuries Realistic?

Apologies if this has been previously covered, I did try a cursory search.

Do you think that the amount of injuries and knocks suffered by your players during games is excessive? I watch a lot of 'real' football as i'm sure most folks on here do and i feel that FM does not mirror reality in this area. I'm sure there are lots of examples every week of people being injured during actual games, but does anyone have any overall statistics to confirm or deny my suspicions?

It's irritating to be unable to make tactical substitutions because you're making forced ones.

Thanks for reading and any thoughts welcome.

Overall the amount of injuries in FM are slightly less than real life.

I suspect there are slightly more "in match" than real life and slightly less "in training" injuries but I have no figures to prove or disprove it.

If you are experiencing an excessive amount of in match injuries its due to tactics, players, opposition or just plain bad luck.

Generally, I feel there are too few injuries, but not really much empirical to back it up. Just look at physioroom or other websites showing known injuries, then add other injuries the press don't know about, you will see there are way more injuries in real life than anyone thinks, or FM reflects.

The game coders use the actual figures from the major leagues to calculate the amounts of injuries. Over a long period, they should be reasonably accurate but training, game instructions and other factors will also affect them. We all tend to recall the periods of higher than average injuries and dont notice any long periods of few injuries though.

Thanks for the replies. I agree Coentrao, the condition drops are the most annoying thing, along with the player signalling to the bench who is not then actually injured for the next match. Maybe i have been having a run of bad luck. If I had more time, I would do some research! Perhaps IRL players just soldier on, because real managers don't have a little red number showing that condition is below 70%.

Archived