Do players sign for the money, a clubs reputaion, the league / division or the manager ?

In a game I was playing recently I was QPR in the Championship (I took them over after they got religated and after I got Sheffield Wednesday promoted) and around the same time Andy Carroll left Liverpool on a Bosman. I tried signing Carroll at every oportunity I could and he kept turning me down. Eventually after 8 months of me trying to sign him regularry he signed for Swindon in League 1.

QPR as far as I am aware is not a club he would dislike.

We were a division above Swindon.

I was offering him more money than what he agreed with Swindon and a role as a Key Player.

I had a World Class reputation with Internation history as a player.

So, any ideas why Carroll signed for Swindon over QPR ?

I know someone will come back with something like "its a bit of everything" but there must be an overriding factor or an order in which its calculated.

The reason I'm asking is I want to start a new game when the patch comes out with a lower league side and knowing why players really sign for a club will help me decide what club to go for !

Thanks

Maybe Swindon's manager had "sweetened" him with comments about his play and abilities? That is what "make a statement about player x" is for.

I did think that however, you cant comment on a player when he is on a free transfer ....... can you ?

The beers better in Swindon!

Honestly though, seems very odd.

Maybe all the chasing you've done has given him a negative relationship with you?

He is a money grabbing footballer, not some bird in a nightclub !! Actually, with that hair ? ...............

Archived