Work Permit Help

Been searching through loads of work permit threads looking for the answers to my questions with no luck at all. Thats the reason im starting my own here when there is like a million of them.

So the questions are :-

Can a player who is granted a work permit but plays in under 19s get it renewed when signing a new deal?

Also how many games does he have to play to get a new permit ( in %)? And is this over his entire contract or just the previous season?

Got 1 year left on a little starlets contract and want to know if i should just try and sell him or not. Im going to play him the whole year in the hope he can by the end of it sign a bumper new deal.

It's not based on how many games he's played for you is it? It's based on how many international games(70 or 75%) over two years. The international side has to be in the top 70 or 75 nations as well. If he's a decent youngster, sometimes you can appeal and get a new work permit for him. If he's already at your club, it maybe worth offering him a new contract in the hope that he gets his work permit now. If it get's rejected this time, I'd sell him, but include or try to include a sell on or buy back fee, maybe both.

Work permit applications are based on the % of International 'A' games that a player plays over a two year period assuming he is available to play, I believe the number is 75%. In certain circumstances a player may be granted a work permit, usually on appeal, if they are an exceptional talent that would add to the country that is requesting one.

If you already have a player then offering him a contract doesn't make a difference. He will sign!!! Percentage has something to do with International appearences, but for a player who you currently have, if you go onto his player screen and I think it is information it tells you how long it is until he will be eligable for that country. Have you not got a feeder club to avoid them?

He accepts my contract but it keeps coming up that the work pemit has failed and there is no appeal button. He has one year left and as he is just 20 and brazilian so there is no way he is getting a game in the main international team. Should i just sell him and cash in my chips then?

Archived